hf1

Bambino mio & baba and boo?!

My avatar
CharlieT3
Clothie
Clothie

Bambino mio & baba and boo?!

Postby CharlieT3 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi everyone baby due in 4 weeks have both bambino mio prefolds and baba and boo OS pockets, but never seem to get honest opinions from anyone! Have u any experiences with either?? Thanks charlie

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Bambino mio & baba and boo?!

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:03 pm

Invest in some Weehugger or Thirsties wraps, as the Bambino Mio ones are rubbish. I am rather strongly against BM :twisted: :hohoho: I don't like them at all. I wasted £100 on the full BTP set which almost put us off using cloth :oops:
The prefolds themselves aren't bad. But the wraps are shocking!

No experience with the others I'm afraid hun.

HTH! :hug:

My avatar
flossyfly
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby flossyfly » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:24 pm

Baba and Boo are quite large and may not fit a newborn.

WSS about the BM wraps. What size prefolds are they cause they might also be quite big on a newborn. I have some BM prefolds that I have never used and they seem huge.
Might be worth investing in some newborn fitteds and small wraps. Look on classifieds for preloved ones.
HTH x

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:10 pm

I've been using cloth nappies for 17 years with 6 children and I hate prefolds with a passion, even terries are better.

But, as you have bought them, perhaps buy some newborn/small pocket nappies to put them in (or at least get some decent wraps as others have suggested).

Nappy laundries use prefolds because they can wash them at very high temperatures without them falling apart quickly and because they are cheap to replace if they get lost or stolen.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:25 pm

Have never tried them but have never heard anything good said about BM.
Have a look on classifieds for new born nappies x

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:26 pm

I like prefolds and agree the BM wraps aren't the best, just not absorbent enough.
I would recommend thristie wraps and have heard very good things about weehugger wraps. I also love the new wee notions wrap so would recommend treating yourself to some of those as well.
If your trying to save money check out the classified pages.

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:33 pm

I love Baba & Boo, they are quite big but I've been using them on my tiny's on the smallest setting since they were 16 weeks (11lb & 13lb ish) and they are fab, one of my favorite nappies so they were def a good buy :wine: (I think any BTP would be on the large size for a small newborn which is one of the reson lots of people use sposies for the first few weeks, sized don't really last very long in nb size and so aren't really worth the money IMHO)

Toni
xx

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat