hf1

Why do my tots bots leak?

My avatar
meowow
Clothie
Clothie

Why do my tots bots leak?

Postby meowow » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:52 pm

Hey everyone :) just a quick question, whenever I put my LO in the tots bots fluffies (think that's what they are called) they leak? I use the tots bots wrap so I dont know why this is happening, it seems the fit isn't right? Do you know a different wrap that would fit this brand of nappy? Thanks :D

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Why do my tots bots leak?

Postby zoeyboo » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:24 pm

Hmmm, it could be a couple of things:

1st, are they new or pre-loved? They could have build-up (of detergent) which could stop them being absorbant. You could test this by getting a clean dry one & dropping some water onto it, if it beads on the surface rather than sinking in then they may need striping.

2nd, they may not be absorbant enough for your LO. Fluffles as far as I recall are all microfibre which is the least absorbant of the nappy fabrics, are the nappies soaked when you take them off? If they are then your LO is outpeeing them & you either need to get rid of them & replace with cotton or bamboo versions or add some additional absorbancy (a booster under the fold-out tongue bit.

3rd, it could be a bad fit of the wrap. I've not used the newer tots bots wraps but we never got on with the old one. I find Thirsties Duo wraps to be the most reliable & leak resistant.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:35 pm

They may not be absorbent enough as the pp said they are microfibre which just squished the wee out when they get too wet, try adding a bamboo or hemp booster too them (don't put bamboo or hemp directly next to babies skin though) and see how you go, wool is fab as a nappy cover x

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:47 pm

I use tots bots bamboozles for day and fluffles for night . Tots bots covers always leaked so I used motherease wraps. I stuff my fluffles with prefolds.

My avatar
meowow
Clothie
Clothie

Postby meowow » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:48 pm

Hey, no they don't really feel that wet when I take them off so I guess it's an absorbency issue I'm having. They are preloved nappies, I'm going to try stripping them. Thank you for your replies :D x

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:09 pm

I've always found that if the nappy is saturated beyond belief then it's an absorbency problem, so either adding boosters or changing to a more absorbamt material/nappy should help.

However if the nappy is not saturated, or even dry in places, then it's a fit problem and in the case if fitteds/ 2 parters it'll be the wrap that's not fitting right.

We loved motherease rikki or little lMb wraps with our tots bots.

Hope that help

My avatar
ruth+daisy+poppy
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ruth+daisy+poppy » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:22 pm

I've found the new tots wraps to be excellent - sooooooooooooooooooo much better than the old ones!

My avatar
meowow
Clothie
Clothie

Postby meowow » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:23 pm

Okay thank you for your advice, I got them for night time use but thought I would try them during the day first, thankfully I did. I will try them with a different wrap as well as stripping them. Thank you :) x

My avatar
Debbie81
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Debbie81 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:57 pm

i've been using my sz1 fluffles for 6 months on my LO and i LOVE them. tots bots wraps are not brilliant IME. mother ease rikki or airflow have always been the most bomb-proof combo with these nappies. we have never had a leak, even at night. good luck. x

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat