hf1

Nappy pailing and wetbags

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Nappy pailing and wetbags

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:36 am

It is just a white plastic bin with a lid.
Sposies reek, Grace wears a pull up to bed now and it pongs in the morning and when i am out with my best friend I am always telling her her DS has pooped when he hasn't :giggle:

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:52 am

I use two - a bucket and a wetbag. I have the wetbag downstairs, it's an XL size and all wet nappies go in there. The bucket is upstairs next to the toilet, and dirty nappies go straight in there after sluicing in the toilet. It's only a small one, but it doesn't need to be huge as it's only holding a few nappies. I wash every other day now it's only Rory in cloth. :D

My avatar
hazchem
Clothie
Clothie

Postby hazchem » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:08 am

LO has a UTI at the moment so nappies are very smelly indeed.
I've put a couple of drops of lavender and sweet madarin esstial oils on the inside of the lid of the bucket. This has really helped with the smell.
sometimes i put a few drops on a wet cloth and chuck it in the bucket too.

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Mungo » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:05 pm

I use a XL Leslie's Boutique wetbag. Never had any issues with smells. I wash every other day and the size was perfect until I started using cloth at night too... Those night nappies are so big, I sometimes need an 'overspill' wetbag too. I prefer bags to buckets as you can hang them up and they take up less room.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat