hf1

Usa compared to uk cloth so NOT fair!

My avatar
CharlieT3
Clothie
Clothie

Usa compared to uk cloth so NOT fair!

Postby CharlieT3 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:04 am

ok so does it irritate anyone else (or maybe its just my crazy hormones :pregnant: ) at the sheer amount of products, brands and accessories that are virtually impossible to get hold here in the uk????
For example i've been trying to get my hands on either the bumgenius odor spray or the biokleen bac out! ( spray them on dirty nappies and the eat away bacteria and smell until u wash them) perfect for whilst out and about in the wet bag! Thought id managed to finally strike gold! Biokleen on amazon 6 bottles for £34ish so went for it then found out that the postage alone was £90+ AGGGHHHHHHHHHHH SO ANNOYING! :evil:
Ok so enough of my rant!! Sorry if this is uber boring but i needed to vent to people that would understand (possibly) hubby has no clue what i'm on about! :wink:

Thanks Charlie

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Usa compared to uk cloth so NOT fair!

Postby choccylisa » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:06 am

Same with fabric, the US has such an array yet it's so expensive to import :x

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:07 am

Not really seen those products before. But I have found that Monkey foot wetbags are bag and don't spell at all. We use them out and about and at home instead of a bucket.

My avatar
flossyfly
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby flossyfly » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:29 am

One word....TAX

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:37 am

I've never heard of them either and have been using cloth for years. I wouldn't want to spray my lovely cloth with chemicals anyway. TBH nappies don't really smell that bad, its the chemicals in sposies that make them stink. A few drops of tea tree oil in the wetbag or bucket will do the same job. I do agree with you though re the range of products that are available in the US that you can't get here.

choccylisa wrote:Same with fabric, the US has such an array yet it's so expensive to import :x

Especially this :furious:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:33 am

Biokleen bac out stain remover is a natural product that U.S moms rave about. I would love to get it here but I haven't come across it yet. We can get biokleen products though so it is worth checking local health shops or somewhere like wholefoods for it.

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:07 am

http://www.bi-o-kleen.com/laundry.htm - looks interesting, I've never heard of it before. Is there any UK equivalent maybe?

How about here - http://www.merlinliving.co.uk/bio-kleen ... -865-p.asp

My avatar
CharlieT3
Clothie
Clothie

Postby CharlieT3 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:51 am

monsterm wrote:Biokleen bac out stain remover is a natural product that U.S moms rave about. I would love to get it here but I haven't come across it yet. We can get biokleen products though so it is worth checking local health shops or somewhere like wholefoods for it.

Thanks will have a look!
I'm currently trying to persuade my brother in arizona to send some over but even then shipping is still ALOT!!
I think if we had such a vast array of cloth "stuff" in the UK more people would be willing to give it ago! Its a shame really!!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:54 am

That's the stuff! Cheaper than getting your brother to send it :D

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat