hf1

Usa compared to uk cloth so NOT fair!

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Usa compared to uk cloth so NOT fair!

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:20 pm

choccylisa wrote:
gilbertandmartha wrote:just to make you all jealous I walked into a random fabric shop the other day (here is houston) and they had hundereds and hundereds of rolls of all the funky fabric prints imaginable. You know all the ones that monkeyfoot wet bag use, and weenotions fabrics.

:wine: :wine: :wine: :wine:

:fight: :fight: :fight: :hohoho:

Some people should be sent to Coventry :giggle: :giggle:

I'd rather coventry than houston!

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:22 pm

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: I hear it's very quiet in Coventry, depends what you'd rather, silence or fabric :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:26 pm

choccylisa wrote::hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: I hear it's very quiet in Coventry, depends what you'd rather, silence or fabric :giggle: :giggle:

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:49 pm

Now you've said that though, you're going to be inundated with orders and "have you seen his over there" LOL!

ETA How about a new job?! Importing fabric for us...

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:58 pm

choccylisa wrote:Now you've said that though, you're going to be inundated with orders and "have you seen his over there" LOL!

Was thinking exactly the same thing lisa :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:19 pm

Costco do a few bits of carters stuff. I got Roo some fleece sleepsuit and some of their tight gap like PJ's. Were only about £7 or £8 too. They also had baby clothing when I was last in :)

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:41 pm

red_dwarf wrote:
choccylisa wrote:Now you've said that though, you're going to be inundated with orders and "have you seen his over there" LOL!

Was thinking exactly the same thing lisa :giggle: :giggle:

Maybe that could be my WAHM business... :giggle: if I could get enough orders together I could bring it all over in a suitcase, as long as you pay for my flight!

My avatar
pamela722
Clothie
Clothie

Postby pamela722 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:25 am

I'm from the states but have been in the UK for nearly 5 years and I can't tell you how much I miss my fabric shops. It's horrible here, I have to take a chance and order online. Not easy when you're a touchy geeky person.

I stock up big time when I fly over and my mom is bringing quite a bit back with her. The only bad part of that now is that even on international flights, you have to pay $50 for a second checked bag now.

On a positive note, it is still cheaper to buy fabric overseas even with the postage, tax, and our lovely handling fee from parcel force... If it gets posted by the other big brand couriers then their fees aren't as high but their postage is higher. The best time to buy is spring and summer time as that is when the exchange rates are usually the best. I base my exchange on travelex but paypal will give a slightly better rate, just easier to get an idea from travelex. Just keep your value down and you will avoid both tax rates.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat