hf1

Small or Medium?

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Small or Medium?

Postby tanya » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:32 pm

And then you get Bella, who was heavier than that (around 30lbs ) and would fit into medium Dunk n Fluffs when she potty trained!! Even now a large would probably fall off her, but she is slim built (around 33lb now at 4)

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:36 pm

T is very slim waisted, hes just very tall! Hes over the upper weight for mediums but last time he had one on the rise was fine and it was doing up on the 2nd and 3rd set of poppers either side.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Tanya i can't imagine Grace ever being that eight :giggle: I can get my hands round her waist with room to spare and both bum cheeks in one hand :giggle: she is just lanky and very very skinny

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:48 pm

4 or 5 months ago, I would have said the same about Bella. She was 29-30lb then and practically skeletal. Now she's a nice size, with enough weight on her not to panic if she gets ill.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:50 pm

Thanks you ladies, will make my eventual search a little easier. Jonah was a very big baby who is now very tall & slim but broad. Isaac gained so much weight every week and had enormous thighs and now he is still big but of a more rotund build. I struggle to get his large WNSS & BBSS done up for nap time :lookround:

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:07 pm

OK - here are some pics of my willing (if a little wriggly!) model :-)

First in a medium rikki wrap over a sz2 LL:

Then just the LL:

Next a small D&F:

And then the medium D&F:

And finally a medium Fluff& Stuff, which we kept on and managed to get a 0-3 frugi vest and 3-6m M&S leggings over comfortably :-)

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:44 pm

my ds was 7lb 8oz when he was born but 98th percentile for length and has put on tons of weight :) my small ittis and Wn only fit him till about 5weeks old then i put him in mediums so next time round i will only buy a few smalls and stock up on mediums :)

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:00 pm

Jake was 9lb at birth and put on weight very quickly. I think I could have quite easily put him straight in medium Ittis and OWWs. He had one of each in a small and he looked like he was going to burst out of them at any moment :giggle: I also never bothered with small WNs, he was fine in mediums.

I did buy Teenyfits as I didn't know I was having such a big baby, they did fit but not for long and were a bit small in the rise really.

Size 1 Little Lambs are a good bet. They fitted Jake til about 2/3 months old, he outgrew the rise in the end x

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat