hf1

BV going bald.

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

BV going bald.

Postby anothersquish » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:35 pm

This is a new one on me so anyone here come across this before...
I bought a brand new superwettter LLS from another CNT member earlier in the year, must have been April/May and I've used it approx once every 2-3 weeks since so at MOST a dozen times and when Ive taken it out of the wash today I noticed to my horror that quite significant patches of the BV have gone bald! The 'mesh' of the fabric (the back) is perfect and fully intact but the pile has just...gone!
Its possible this has happened slowly ever since I got it because of the colouring its difficult to spot from more than about 12" away but its not just one spot its various spots all over the nappy, some tiny others pretty big.
Ive never had this sort of problem with BV and some of my BV nappies Ive had for 15 months and have been used and used and used and are in perfect shape, same with the BV clothing Ive had and they are used much more than the nappies. I wash mostly on 40 with soapnuts with the occasional 60 degrees and use Bold 2 in 1 powder approx every 3 times a nappy is used. I never use any sort of additive, the nappies are never soaked either.
Gutted as it was an expensive nappy and whilst I can continue to use it and it will work fine its pretty much worthless for resale now and Im worried that given a bit more use the backing 'mesh' may start to come apart too meaning I wont be able to use it anymore.
Has anyone had this problem with a nappy before? Did it get worse?

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: BV going bald.

Postby beffys » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:04 pm

Sent you a message. If you send it to me for a proper look I can ask Amber to make a replacement, just let me know the colourway you would like.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat