hf1

Chaffing around thighs

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Chaffing around thighs

Postby jclmellor » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:24 pm

the top of Arwen's thighs are red and chaffing. she's started crawling and the worst nappies for chaffing are Easyfits (the ones we use for nursery). but i'm wondering if i'm fastening the nappies too tight or too slack around the legs... because if they are too slack they will also chaffe i think? i wouldn't say she has particularly chubby legs. we gave up with PUL wraps because of this chaffing but now it's started again :(

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Chaffing around thighs

Postby zoeyboo » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:09 am

Rufus gets this on occasion from his Easyfits, I think it happens when his Nanny thinks she is helping by doing them up loosely so they sit lower & rub. When I put them on him I do them up as high as possible & snug so they don't slip down.

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:26 am

I find that Rory chafes sometimes too, and what I've noticed is that it's worse with pocket nappies, but I've noticed that it seems to be linked to how full the nappy is. He's starting to become a heavier wetter now, and when the nappy's been on him for about an hour it's full, but not leaking. The moisture, coupled with him running around, is lethal! Maybe this could be a factor with your LO too?

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:27 am

Cyrillia wrote:I find that Rory chafes sometimes too, and what I've noticed is that it's worse with pocket nappies, but I've noticed that it seems to be linked to how full the nappy is. He's starting to become a heavier wetter now, and when the nappy's been on him for about an hour it's full, but not leaking. The moisture, coupled with him running around, is lethal! Maybe this could be a factor with your LO too?

this- if I'm not on top of changing Ryan when he's had a lot to drink then he gets this too- he only wears Easyfits now, but we did get it with pop-ins and bg's too, and he actually gets it some nights from moving round in his sleep with a WNNN on-even with wool over the top!

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:06 am

we got chaffing around the legs with Taliesin when he was in full time cloth. and it was pretty much all nappies, come the ned he was only in fitted nappies and wool. a day is sposies cleared it up, but that is prob not what u want to hear. we tried all kinds of creams etc. but i must also point out, my son is allergic to polyester, so as alot of the outers were polyester of some kind, apart from fitted it spelt the end for him. my younger son Oakley wears easyfits with no problems. i do like him to have some nappy off time mind, and use sposies at night to rest his skin.x

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:58 am

thanks for the replies. i've adjusted the rise poppers on the Easyfits so she has got a bit more leg room, and i'm putting cjs butter balm on her thighs. i could always send her to nursery in fitteds and wool, or fitteds and fleece soaker with trousers on top, if it gets any worse. i'm just reluctant to ask the nursery nurses to learn a different type of nappy...

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat