hf1

We are struggling with cloth

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

We are struggling with cloth

Postby angiepangie2809 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:09 pm

I am realy struggling ith cloth but not because I don't love it or need a break from it but because both boys are outpeeing every nappy we have and we are having wee leaks galore! Today alone so far both boys have had to have clothing changes 7 times between them because of wee leaks. Ethan had a fuzzi stuffed with a pd bamboo and an ep hemp, it was weed through in 40 minutes. He wore an easyfit boosted with an ep hemp, peed through in 45 mins, and then another boosted easyfit that was peed through and that leaked not to mention the fact that he's in disposables at night still because I can't figure out what covers to use over his night nappies and he had wet through 2 disposables over night! Max peed through his fuzzi that was stuffed with 2 ll bamboo and a hemp boosted, he's peed through a boosted easy fit, a prefold in a flip cover and though another highly boosted fuzzi. Now all nappies were orking quite well up until recently, especialy with ethan who seems to be flooding his nappies now. We are introducing the potty slowly as he is scared of it and we think he may be getting ready for toilet training but in the meantime what the hell can I do? I don't realy do many fitteds espcialy for ethan as I like him in normal clothes and I don't do many fitteds for max simply because I get fed up with how long it takes to get custom woolies made/dyed plus I think the washing and lanolising is a bit of a faf to be honest. Max is curretly in a boosted bamboo ll and a flip cover so we shall see how long that lasts. Ethan has gone into a disposable for his nap. I don't want to give up cloth as I love it so much but what else can we do? I deffo don't want to realy spend much money either. Thanks in advance! :-)

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: We are struggling with cloth

Postby tracedw » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:16 pm

Oh no, do you think you need to strip wash your inserts?
DS3 is ready to PT now but also will not sit on a potty and he can out pee a well stuffed pocket nappy within an hour, i am putting him back into fitteds and wool more often now as they seem to last longer and also he has a strange "John Wayne just got off his horse" walk in a pocket nappy now because of the bulk between his legs.

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Mungo » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:21 pm

You could try fleece covers/longies instead of wool if wool is too much hassle :wink:

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:17 pm

Mungo wrote:You could try fleece covers/longies instead of wool if wool is too much hassle :wink:
thanks hun. We used fleece on ethan at night before but his room is so hot in this new house as the airing cupboard and boiler are in his room so I stopped using it as it was too warm. I like the boys to be able to wear normal clothes most the time so fitteds are not so great for us full stop. Plus I don't like the way fleece bobbles. Its ok for nights but ends up looking too tatty for me to want to use in the daytime. :-)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:20 pm

Don't really have any advice sorry but if E is scared of the potty maybe try just putting him on the loo xx

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:26 pm

How about fitteds with PUL wraps? We have never had any problems wearing normal clothes over most varieties of fitteds and a snug wrap, and actually often find them less bulky than a well boosted pocket.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat