hf1

Nappies for my big boy!

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Nappies for my big boy!

Postby e586 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:52 pm

Ryan's not small, and has outgrown pretty much everything I have apart from Easyfits. We love those, but the tabs are getting harder and harder to fasten (and this is only boosted with a zorb insert, so not stuffed at all!) and I'm not sure what to try next. He's out of pop-ins, BGv3/4, large ittis, Tutto is still too low in the rise/thin between his legs, WNSS large is on the last snaps (and is never absorbent enough anyway)....

I prefer pockets just because he's hard to change at the best of times and would destroy wool/fleece, plus because he's so big it's hard enough to get trousers to fit, would be much worse over a fitted/wrap! Nursery wouldn't cope with 2 part nappies either, but I'd use them round the house.

So what would people recommend that's bigger than an easyfit? He may slim down (unlikely!!) and may also potty train before he completely outgrows them (fingers crossed) but I'm really not thinking he'll be ready for another 6 months or so. He's mainly long in the rise, and has very solid upper thighs, so it's always getting the nappy fastened that I struggle with and why he outgrows things so fast.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Nappies for my big boy!

Postby Shaunie » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:16 am

I had the same issues with Isaac - drove me insane! Have you tried the new version of the Happy Heineys? They have a good rise & I could do them up on Isaac. The Baba & Boo series 2 were also good for this reason but I just sold mine last week because I struggled doing them up on the last snaps. They would be a cheaper option though.

I was reluctant to buy any new nappies because of imminent potty training but did get a HH & a B&B because I was desperate!

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:33 am

I second Happy Heineys. Ds1 was a very chunky boy, very long on the rise and huge on the thigh. HH large fitted him up to potty training (at 22m) and the XL was especially good for nights. Loads of room for stuffing :-)

During the day my favourite were ME toddlerease (XL sandies) - often wrapless at home and a stacinator so simple wrap. These both pull up and down so great for early stage potty training and reluctant changers :-)

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:12 pm

Junior HLs...he wont outgrow those! Granted they arent pockets and they arent 'cheap' but they will fit and the AI2s can work out well as you can buy extra sets of inserts for them and just have a few outers.

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:23 pm

I used large standard minki pockets on Samuel at nighttime until he was dry at night aged 5 1/2. They still fit him brilliaintly. I'm going to list them soon on classifieds, if you are interested - pm me. :wink:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:35 pm

Oh yes, as already mentioned the HL junior are massive - they are even big on Isaac :shock:

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:15 pm

thanks everyone!!! :) Am off to nosey at them all and stalk classifieds :giggle: We're ok for now really, but if he grows again then we won't be so trying to be prepared.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat