hf1

Strangest thing you've used as a nappy?

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Strangest thing you've used as a nappy?

Postby Mareth » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:41 pm

I'm sure this has been done before, but what's the weirdest thing you've used as a nappy, in a pinch?

My oddest maybe isn't that odd :lol: but once on an afternoon at my sister's house DS had a dirty nappy and I had no spares with me (they were all down the street at my mam's house), so all I could do was to grab a spare pair of my nephew's underpants and fold up a few flannels and lay them inside.
LOL it wasn't waterproof, but it provided enough absorbency for the 500m walk down to my mam's house to get a proper one :giggle: .

My avatar
ktinkley
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Strangest thing you've used as a nappy?

Postby ktinkley » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:45 pm

on the plane - we ran out of sposies - DD decided to be very productive :roll:

2 hours of the flight left.......

a spare top, some flannels that were in the change bag and some paper hand towels, and a plastic bag as the wrap - I was thanking my stars I'd used cloth previously- otherwise I'd have had no idea what to do with her!

Previous nappys hadn't just been a bit wet - she'd been leaking through them - god knows what she'd been drinking that day :giggle:

DH put her next nappy on once we'd landed and got some out of the cases, and he was impressed with my ingenuity and the fact that it hadn't leaked :hohoho: :wine:

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ImisMummy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:05 pm

We were in town and Bubble had pood in all 3 of her nappies so we used mummys cardigan with a plastic bag tied over the top! Luckily she didnt poo in that one!

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:13 pm

I've used a long sleeved t shirt before .. many moons ago.. LOL It worked very well!

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:27 pm

A T-shaped item with a plastic-y outer, filled with gel crystals and lined with paper-y, plastic-y stuff. It had these weird sticky tabs on each side and silly pictures on the front.

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:29 pm

ladybird wrote:A T-shaped item with a plastic-y outer, filled with gel crystals and lined with paper-y, plastic-y stuff. It had these weird sticky tabs on each side and silly pictures on the front.

I used one of those once, it stank and made me feel sick!

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mummy_goose1 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:21 pm

ladybird wrote:A T-shaped item with a plastic-y outer, filled with gel crystals and lined with paper-y, plastic-y stuff. It had these weird sticky tabs on each side and silly pictures on the front.

:hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
nabroc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby nabroc » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:23 pm

mummy_goose1 wrote:

:hohoho: :hohoho:

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
keljbj
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby keljbj » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:25 pm

A pair of my (new) knickers (just been shopping and bought myself some granny pants as i was :pregnant: with Indiana :giggle: ) tied at the sides with hair bobbles, some maternity pads and a plastic bag :giggle: We went for a long walk to try and kick labour off and were out longer than expected. Acacia decided to poo through both her spare nappies :roll:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat