hf1

Night Nappies

My avatar
deni0904
Clothie
Clothie

Night Nappies

Postby deni0904 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:36 pm

Hi all. I've not had to use different night nappies up till now as my dd doesn't wee that much. This seems to be changing now so I need to start thinking about getting some night nappies.

My problem is she is a year old 18lb and very slim. I tried huggles but the drowned her. and she could bearly move she was so thickly padded!!

What can you all recommend and also what would you steer clear of?

Thanks for your help ladies.

Deni xx

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Night Nappies

Postby JanX » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:57 pm

I personally would stay away from huggles (but you know that already now :wink: ) and ellas house bum huggers (they feel soo stiff to me).

I would recommend:

Babybufters
Wee notions night notions
Minki (as in nappies by minki, not minki fabric) pockets, stuffed with as much as you need to get throught the night (3 bamboo terrys do the trick very well here)
Little lambs bamboo nappies (work fabby under wool wraps for us overnight)

hth

jan x

My avatar
lucylou0417
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lucylou0417 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:11 am

oh man i ordered a ellas house bumhugger a few days ago :( hope its ok.

Lucyx

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:47 am

Everyone prefers different things, I love my Bumhuggers and use them as my night time staple.

Night Notions stuffed with their bamboo or hemp inserts, Greenkids Anytime pockets stuffed with their bamboo inserts and a bamboo booster, Nappies by Minki stuffed with hemp and mf, are also all great night nappies that Ive had success with. Oh and Ive also used PT Fuzzi stuffed with spare Greenkids inserts too with no problems.

Sorry forgot to say I had a Babybufter and didnt like the shape at all, found it very very bulky, so sold it after using it just the once - see, we all have our favourites :lol:

Sadie xx
Last edited by eviesmummy on Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
millercl_6
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby millercl_6 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:34 am

i use either slinki minkis and stuffed with terry baby joy or minki huggles on my two with motherease wrap and are both big bed wetters and i have no problems

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:46 am

I use kiwi quick flips or a bumhugger, bumbles or bambeasy are also supposed to be good night nappies but they never work as well for us as a quick flip, not yet found out why.

It's a matter of trial and error to see what works for you I think :roll:

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:52 am

My favorite night nappies are:

Minki standard pocket _ super easy and reliable and you can really stuff them well according to how much your lo wees
nightnotions: extremely absorbant, you can decide on the fabric of the insert and booster (mf, bamboo or hemp or a combination) and fairly slim fitting.
mothease organic cotton: Fantastic value for money, it's one of the first nappies I bought (when my lo was 13 months) and I am still using it now she's 26 months. I just put a couple of hemp boosters between the nappy and the wrap.
bimble: again fantastic value for money, easy to boost, great shape for my lo who is slim and tall. I loved it.
bamboozle: a bit boring but great fit and good absorbancy
little kiwi: quite bulky and long to dry but great value for money , super absorbant and needed little boosting.
Last edited by Pinchette on Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:55 am

At the moment i i use night notions and slinki minkis the most but do use fluffles stuffed with a easy peasy hemp booster too.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:03 am

Holden's Landing Bedbugs :) I love this nappy. It copes soooo well with my really heavy wetter. Have 2 more on order.
I also have a NightNotions on order

I also use Quick Flips boosted with hemp - but she's started out weeing these, hence the new night nappies.

These are all covered by some sort of wool - either a wrap, shorties or longies :)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat