hf1

Flips or cheapies for hols?

My avatar
Princessmedi
Clothie
Clothie

Flips or cheapies for hols?

Postby Princessmedi » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:54 am

We're off to my inlaws next week to 'introduce' ds to the rest of his and my family and I'm not sure what nappies would be best.
There will be limited chance of washing(and to be honest I wouldn't-ever seen grimefighters?inlaws house is like one of those!)So would I be best with Flips and use disposable inserts?or ebay cheapies and clean the washing machine first :giggle:!
Ds is 9wks btw :)

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Flips or cheapies for hols?

Postby weebee » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:04 pm

flips! They are a great fit on small babies with excellent containment and you could use a combo of disposable inserts and reusable ones (if you dare).

My avatar
Lover
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Lover » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:36 pm

We're away at the moment in Cornwall and have been using Flips - been getting on with them great and will definitely be using them if we go away again before LO is PT'd (I hope so as he's only 4 months old at the mo!). We have just been using Stay Dry inserts as they dry really quickly.

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:07 pm

wow you're really brave taking reusables on hols. i always use dispicables and dispicable wipes as well, as my parents are grossed out with me washing nappies in their washing machine... x

My avatar
laurabradley
Clothie
Clothie

Postby laurabradley » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:30 am

Hey I was wondering the same kind of question. We are off to Spain in 6 weeks and at the moment we are using pocket nappies with washable liners but was wondering if any one had used disposable liners with pocket nappies that could recommend some to try whilst we are out there.

Thanks

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:53 pm

Flips :) i used them when we went away the other week and they were great :) very reliable and we used a combination of disposable and stay dry inserts during the day and the organic inserts for night!! they were fab for us :thumbsup:

My avatar
laurabradley
Clothie
Clothie

Postby laurabradley » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:57 pm

Haven't got any flips how many do u think I need for a week holiday?

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:17 pm

Im going to tunisia next week and am taking prefolds and wool :giggle: Im going to have to hand wash them in the sink at night but I would rather that then fill my case up with nasty sposies

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat