hf1

Oh no, Poorly poo???

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Oh no, Poorly poo???

Postby charlibunny » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:30 pm

Disgusting question i know, but what on earth do you do when your little one has the runs??? I have had to resort to pampers today as Molly has had 3 liquid filled nappies :shock: :(
I tried using a paper liner topped with a fleece but it still evaded the liners and got my bamboozle all minging :roll:
Also im taking it you need to wash ASAP when its a messy one?

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Oh no, Poorly poo???

Postby mabo » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:46 pm

I think the problem with very runny poo is that nothing can absorb the fluid fast enough to prevent any leaking. So your fleece and paper wont actually help absorbing any of the liquid and act more as a dish which spills over.

I do know though that when we were on holiday and Anna was very poorly I wished I had some 2 parters to use instead of disposables as they didnt keep the mess in either: she was covered from waist to ankles within milliseconds :?

The only thing I can think of is stick with your nappies + wraps as they will be better for immediate absorption of fluid than disposables and just rinse them out as soon as you can then wash them a bit hotter than normal to get rid of the bacteria.

>:D< Hope she gets better soon

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:55 pm

Maybe i could try her in bumbles tomorrow then and just rinse the fleece off? Im just hoping it doesnt stain them!
Ella had it last week so i knew Poor Mol would get it :( She has such a sore little bum too :(:(
Thanks for your advice!

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:26 pm

In the past i've just rinsed off the fleece liners and the nappy straight away or asap and then washed as normal but maybe on a hotter wash to get rid of bacteria as Marijke suggests. I'd also suggest using two parters if possible as they always seemed a bit more reliable for us.

Good luck, hope she feels better and her sore bottom recovers soon >:D<

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:46 pm

I use fitteds and fleece liners and always soak the runny nappies when dd has a tummy bug, thats way it does'nt stain. I do the same when she's on antibiotics coz that makes for explosive nappies too! lol.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:10 am

Hope the poorlyness goes soon, I just use my normal 2 parters and wash in the next nappy wash or if really bad and not washing for a few days a soak in the loo, the stains normally come out in a couple of washes and suns on the line, if we ever get sun again :shock:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat