hf1

I need some nappy advice ladies.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: I need some nappy advice ladies.

Postby docmaggoo » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:33 pm

They do have some size 2 wraps on offer tho!
I really rate these as wraps. Good gusset & cross over tabs! They made up the bulk of our nursery wraps & night time ones when James was younger.

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:25 pm

http://www.bebeco.co.uk/econobum-day-pack-3933-p.asp

How about these ?

What nappies is she outweeing ?

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:26 pm

Our 'fall back' nappies are plain bamboo WNNL's. I have about 12 or so, that I used as my mainstay. If I want it to last longer I boost it up a little with maybe a Greenkids bamboo booster and a cotton terry booster (they're both slim), and then I can get about three hours out of it. I think it's your LO's age though - I went through this with Ethan and in the end had to go back to 'sposies until he PT'd as I was changing his clothes as often as his nappy! I think they just get to a stage where they're almost ready to PT - they have a good bladder capacity and hold it until their bladder is full, then they just end up flooding. Rory is getting the same now, and I have to change him really often, but because it's only him in nappies now I don't mind that at all. When Ethan was like it I had a production line going on at times! :giggle:

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:41 pm

Size 3 would probably be ok too though on LLs... I also recommend microfibre Diddy Diapers, prob need a little extra boosting though for a HW. Perhaps just try a few terries if you're feeling brave. I think doing some of the folds look like fun :oops:

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:13 am

Thanks ladies . Really not sure what to go for now . :giggle:

Basically I'm wanting cheap as possible. I had thought about getting some preloved but as they are going to be plain white / functional nappies rather than pretty I would prefer new. I guess it wouldn't hurt to look someone may have bought some new and then found the likes of weenotions ect.

As for use her main nappies need a really good stripping but she has no spares to wear while that would be happening.

We have also had a mare with wraps being damaged recently. Puddlekins wrap shrunk , thristie wrap eaten by machine and came out all ripped up / nearly broke my new washer, a couple of woolies being put in the machine by mistake and shrunken. :cry: So only have two wraps now , one of which isn't cutting it if she does any power wee's.

I'm looking for high performance but cheap as chips.

I think as pp have said she is gaining bladder control and sometimes the nappies can cope and sometimes they can't. So we just need a big of stash boosting out to ensure we aren't running out of nappies.

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:10 am

Diddy Diaper microfibre is pretty good, cheap and I love using a nippa too. I just add a fold of cut zorb beneath the nappy liner in the wet zone.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat