hf1

How often do you change lo?

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: How often do you change lo?

Postby Mungo » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:56 am

About every 3 hours. More if he seems wet, less if he's been weeing on his potty (we're ECing) and the nappy is dry!

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:21 am

About every 2-3 hours, sometimes less sometimes longer depends on which nappy she is wearing. I usually check her every now and then and judge it on how wet she is :wink:

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:27 pm

Rufie is 13 months and I check his nappy every 2-3 hours but he's usually dry and he has a wee on the potty. He was dry all day two days in a row yesterday and the one before! Whoop!

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:44 pm

When DS2 was in nappies (pockets) I used to change him roughly every four hours. Obviously he would be changed sooner if dirty.

Can't believe 1 - 1 1/2 hours is so common! Is that more the case with fitteds though I wonder?

Helen

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:24 pm

:shock: to 4 hours, I would never leave any nappy on that long during the day, pocket, fitted or sposie! All of mine have been changed every 2-2.5 hours during the day. Mia gets changed 2-2.5 hourly except at night when she wears her night nappy for about 8-10 hours.

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:30 pm

Louise wrote::shock: to 4 hours, I would never leave any nappy on that long during the day, pocket, fitted or sposie! All of mine have been changed every 2-2.5 hours during the day. Mia gets changed 2-2.5 hourly except at night when she wears her night nappy for about 8-10 hours.

All the pockets we used were well stuffed and his bum felt barely damp when I changed him. Perhaps I put more stuffing in them than other people do? The inserts were never absolutely soaking wet either.

I don't see the need to change a nappy unless it needs to be. As long as he was comfortable and the nappy wasn't hanging down by his knees! Which it never was.

I can't see what is wrong with going 4 hours - why change a nappy more often if it isn't needed?

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby bekhi1983 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:49 pm

2-3 hours here, unless he poops, which always seems to be as soon as he has a fresh nappy on. 10-12 hours overnight, sometimes he'll go through from 7- 7.30 to 7, but if he wakes up in the night for milk he'll wake up to be changed again at 5. x

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:27 pm

Louise wrote::shock: to 4 hours, I would never leave any nappy on that long during the day, pocket, fitted or sposie! All of mine have been changed every 2-2.5 hours during the day. Mia gets changed 2-2.5 hourly except at night when she wears her night nappy for about 8-10 hours.

But Leo doesn't wee every 2-2.5 hours! He's capable of holding it for a while and has been for quite a while now. So I check the nappy pretty often to see if it's wet but if it's dry I'm not going to change him just because it's been 2 hours. Today his afternoon nappy was dry for at least 3 hours, and so he got changed when it was damp after about 4 hrs.

My avatar
lisa101
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lisa101 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:08 am

We could easy get four hours out of a fuzzi bunz. I only change when needed (or we are going out and not sure when next change will be) and that can easily be four hours during the day. Not sure why during the day would be different than the night. If you are happy to leave them for 12 hours at night why change so often during the day unless they need it? I can't get 12 hours out of any cloth nappy I have tried (on my third in cloth so have tried a lot) without feeling that their bum is wet (I love fleece next to their skin as I think it keeps them dry) but have regularly left them longer than four hours without that feeling. Suppose each child is different and the stage and their age all have an effect on nappy changing times too.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat