hf1

Boo hoo, poor me, sob, etc.

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Boo hoo, poor me, sob, etc.

Postby anothersquish » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:40 pm

Youve been given some great advise but I wanted to ask where abouts in the country you are? It really sounds like you need some face to face advise and someone to look at the nappies you have/how you are fitting them and what you are using in them, there are people dotted all around the country who give free independent advise and many others who are linked to good online retailers.
To me it sounds like your main problems are not enough absorbency and not enough nappies.

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:35 pm

Not sure what eeryone else has said so far but we had this problem and i think a lot of people do which is a shame because so many must gve up because of it.
We got rid of microfibre inesrts and replaced with hemp and bamboo inserts or boosters, made sure we werent putting too tight clothes on her and using body suit extenders, changing her regularly, experimenting with different types of nappies, this changes as they grow, my lo now doesnt suit the nappies that suited her a few months back but thats ok cause I can sell them and use the funds to by more, plus it's so fun!
Some will cause red marks but not all will, different babys are all different shapes so it can take some experimenting but if you sell them on here you can make your money back,dont buy new while you experiment. Also if your easyfits are only a couple of weeks old they probably arent up to their full absorbancy, you need to wash a few times!

I found using ariel bio instead of non bio really helped with out nappies as they were getting a proper clean and any bio is rinsed out anyway, this got rid of a build up of washing stuff and anything else that gets on nappies and they definitely worked better after.

Don't give up hun, use disposables while you try out new types, you dont have to use cloth full time to get benefits, it's one of those things that you can do a bit of and build up if you wish.

Btw I wish once a week now, we have 2 nappy buckets and lot's of nappies, we use disposables at night; we never got there with night cloth.
There are a lot more benefits to cloth than just the environment, maybe you could read up on the benefits and that could renew your feelings about cloth a little bit, plus there is loads of advise to be had on here,this site saved me many times :giggle: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Cocobelle
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Cocobelle » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:11 pm

Thank you all so much for the advice and support. I really appreciate it.

I have just sent a message to a user who is selling lots of boosters so hopefully I'll get some hemp and bamboo from her.

I'll let you know how it goes. I'm sorry I'm not replying to individual messages, I'm just very tired and having to type on my phone as my computer died :-(

What a week! I feel better for sharing though :-)

Coco x

PS to the person who asked where I live - I'm in Glasgow. I looked up my local nappuccino

My avatar
Cocobelle
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Cocobelle » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:13 pm

Sorry, stupid phone! I looked up my local nappuccino but it's not happening atm due to members having babies. But it would be good to meet other cloth users.

Coco x

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:18 pm

How about trying to arrange a meet of CNT'ers in Glascow?

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat