hf1

Hello looking for info on wool ?

My avatar
Sherpa
Clothie
Clothie

Hello looking for info on wool ?

Postby Sherpa » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:16 pm

Hi there... New to this site ...I was wondering about wool wraps for night in particular? Could someone tell me how longs work or wool in general... I bought a iminse wool wrap before but it leaked so never tried again, but so many people swear by them?
Thank you

My avatar
Gladys
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Hello looking for info on wool ?

Postby Gladys » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:23 pm

Hi, what kind of nappy are you using? You may need to boost it. Also do you know if the wool cover you have has lanolin on it?

My avatar
Gladys
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Gladys » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:31 pm

I found this link very useful when I first lanolinised my woolies.
http://www.diaperpin.com/clothdiapers/a ... zewool.asp
:wink:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:54 pm

Perhaps the wrap hadn't been lanolised enough. I never tried those particular ones, we always used longies/shorties or a soaker.
What nappy are you using?

My avatar
Sherpa
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Sherpa » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:06 pm

I use ll bamboo size 2 with booster at night..... I use a mix of pocket nappies and two price during the day... I bought lanolin but maybe I didn't do it properly... I may have a look and buy myselfnsome longies?

My avatar
Gladys
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Gladys » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:19 pm

I leave mine to soak overnight and you usually need to do it about 3 times before they are properly lanolinised. I only have experience of longies and soakers and they are great.

My avatar
Sherpa
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Sherpa » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:24 pm

Do you just reuse every night? How often do you need to wash them.....I see some fab ones fs in classifieds :) thank you....

My avatar
Gladys
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Gladys » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:40 pm

Yes, I reuse them and hang them to air in the morning. I don't wash them until they start to whiff a bit(still smelly after they are aired) or they are soiled. If you have a couple of pairs which you can rotate wearing, you could do it about once a month. One pair usually lasts a least a fortnight for me. Wahm ones are the best in my opinion. It sounds like you have a bit of a heavy wetter so you may want a heavier weight wool and loose fit rather than tight is best. Good luck :wink:

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:50 pm

wts

don't give up on wool - it's amazing!!! do you mean imse vimse cream wool soaker? we have one of those and we have found it amazing. i wonder whether your little lamb is getting too wet at night? there are dedicated night nappies which are much more absorbent, and teamed with wool longies/shorties/soaker woudl be perfect. also, would be an idea to get a couple more woolies so that you can rotate. good luck!!! x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat