hf1

What would you add to this?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: What would you add to this?

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:57 pm

lizzibeff wrote:Luckily I had a scan quite late (last week in fact) and the baby is on course to be around the mid 7lb range. I also have two more scans before the due date so I can keep tabs on the size :D

lol I was having growth scans with our first as they said he was going to be small, roughly 6lbs and he was 8lbs, same with our second and she was 9lbs, 3rd was 6lbs 8oz

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby confusinglady » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:52 am

Hiya :wave:
Looks like a similar stash to me except I had prefolds as my main stash over smart system ones.
I ve not tried or seen the smart nappies but think they re similar to prefolds?

If you re after more prefolds and If your not opposed to preloved might be worth putting a request in the wanted section for size 1 prefolds as loads of people have them. Just be wary of postage as they re heavy.
Have you got some nippas? I found I nippad my prefolds lots in the early days to contain bf poo and save the wraps from getting soiled.

When using flat nappies and wraps I d say the wraps are v important as they can be the first and last line of defence. I don t know what the smart ones are like, thirsties duo are my fav ( I see you have 1 on your list), I also used motherease rikki s, I think u get more value for money withe thirsties ones though as they last longer size wise.

I had a 7lb 2 DD and the old style bamboozle poppers fitted quite early on. They were so cute too! Just rem the bamboo will take longer to dry so you may need more cotton in your stash. Prefolds would be my option for cheapness, I used to fold the boy fold and put a fleece liner on top and put in my change bag like that ready , love the sleeve idea!

Good luck xx

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:58 am

If you want to start on cloth straight away, I'd get some newborn wraps & either bamboo terries or xs nappies. My 2 girls were predicted to be 8lb. The first was 7lb 7 & the 2nd 6lb 7. Newborn size items fitted dd1 until she was 9wks & dd2 until she was 12wks. You can never be sure whether your baby is going to be small or long so it is better to be prepared. Newborn nappies etc sell quite well on classifieds

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:34 am

Ha ha, I had a growth scans with DD and she was predicted to be a 9-10lber, she was 7lb 0.5oz :) DS however was a chunky 9lb at birth and all my cute little XS nappies didn't fit him!

I would get some size 1 Little Lambs, small Motherease Sandys, and Diddy Diapers (if you get the nippa ones then at least you can fasten them a bit smaller if baby is small). I also had quite a few size 1 old style Tots Bots Bamboozles but they can only be bought preloved, miught be worth putting a wanted post up for them if u wanted to try them.

I loved terry squares too, I had some Little Ewe ones and also an Orange Diaper Co one which was just fab. Motherease Rikki and Airflow wraps were great over those. Oh and I had a Tots Bots fleece wrap too, and one of these in a size 1 which I loved: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EccoBots-Funk ... 76c033e6ef

My avatar
lizzibeff
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lizzibeff » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:58 am

Thanks Nic and Monsterm, some really good advice there. I've decided to bulk the stash up with 20 prefolds in newborn and regular size and a couple of diddy diapers.

That should take me up to 7 bamboozle fitteds, 20 prefolds, 2 diddies and 4 smart nappies (which are indeed like microfibre pre-folds) which will get me through the first couple of weeks*.

I think I'll stock up on Thirsties duos and Flips as they will last a little longer with the poppers.

*until i work out which i like using/fits best! :wink:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:44 am

You can of course and I know it did and have seen several others day they did too, just use muslin's for the first few weeks you can file them to fit, they dont swamp a small baby and they dry super quick.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby confusinglady » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:42 pm

KimmyM wrote:You can of course and I know it did and have seen several others day they did too, just use muslin's for the first few weeks you can file them to fit, they dont swamp a small baby and they dry super quick.

Wss ^
Yup I used Muslins for the first 10 days to two weeks. Did the chinese fold ( I think) with a fleece liner. They are so neat and trim and with the amount of poos a newborn baby has you change more often for that than wees.
I bought cheap plain muslins for that use and nice coloured ones for the over shoulder and mop up purpose so I Didn t confuse them ;)

I don t really know the size diff but I just had size 1 bambino mios. Then size 2 . Maybe newborn and regular is the equivalent I don t know?
Xxxxx

My avatar
MrsJ_2005
Clothie
Clothie

Postby MrsJ_2005 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:54 am

if you want to start straight away i'd get some NB nappy's, like TBs teenyfits. you could just buy a couple till you no the size of baby. (DD1 was a big baby, so we haven't brought loads of NB nappies, will wait and see if DD2 is as big, as they think)

plus i can't resist tiny nb fluff! and i can always sell it on if she's too big for it!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat