hf1

Cloth nappies not coming up clean

My avatar
mummytochloe
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Cloth nappies not coming up clean

Postby mummytochloe » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:59 pm

ok thansk hunni will get dh to get some on wednesday when he does the shopping and give it a whirl.
i would say its between medium and pretty hard tbh. if im doing about 10nappies with 2 inserts and 1liner per nappy roughly how much would be recomended

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby bekhi1983 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:08 pm

Is the water in the machine getting hot? Touch the door when doing the maintenance wash. A maintenance wash is just a hot wash when the machine is empty to help get the gunk out the machine, usually 90 degrees. If its just happening out the blue it may be your machine. If the machine temp seems fine try some sanitiser. I find I have to use sanitiser when ds2 is teething, his wee is so strong. :puke:

My avatar
mummytochloe
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mummytochloe » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:11 pm

no normally i gets so hot you can smell the washing powder round the house when i do the 90 wash lol.
where would i get sanitizer from. so useful having this website, its just strange it suddenly started when before they were fine.

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby bekhi1983 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:18 pm

Napisan is a sanitiser, I buy it from my local Wilkinsons and use only on fitted nappies and inserts. Its suppose to be bad for pul although I couldn't tell you why, so we avoid useing it on our pockets.

My avatar
mummytochloe
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mummytochloe » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:20 pm

water hardness looks moderate to hard.
so for aroudn 10nappies which is roughly how many i wash at a time how much powder would be recomended. ive got a feelign im usign way to much even of non bio

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:30 pm

I sometime wash with a full amount of powder and then do another couple of full washes to get any extra residue out.
Or you can try bicarb in the detergent drawn and White vinegar in the softener compartment (on clean nappies)
This happened to me and it was because the 60 degree wash on my machine had stopped heating.
I'm in hard water and I rince wash at 60 with about 30-40 ml of powder and then I do two extra rinces (as my machine doesn't use much water so taken an age to get all the suds out). And I do a full does probably about once a month.
I've got two in cloth so i wash every day as that us about a bucket full. Prehaps tour not putting enough nappies in.
Last edited by KimmyM on Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:31 pm

** blasted phone.
I guess it depends on what you mean by 10 nappies.

My avatar
mummytochloe
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mummytochloe » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:41 pm

well i use BTP pocket nappies, normally 10 of the nappies 20 inserts (as 2 per nappy) and 10 fleece liners in 1 wash

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat