hf1

Impending new baby causes real nappy audit!

My avatar
monkeyhanger
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Impending new baby causes real nappy audit!

Postby monkeyhanger » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:55 pm

Well seeing as our new squishy is due in 5 weeks; I decided I probably need to check what I actually have in the cupboard in the many bags/boxes etc of nappy stash I have accumulated. My dd is potty training so it was also an opportunity to sort out her nappies and make way for the smaller stuff.

As a result I now have a pile of stuff for sale in the classified and realised i dont have any xs/nb wraps. What an excuse to got fluff shopping eh?

Well here is the stash that is left after the audit (i still think it is a bit much for one baby!!) Can anyone help me justify this list to hubby??? :oops:

53 x size 1 fitteds (various fabrics, fastenings and colours)
38 x size 2 fitteds (various fabrics, fastenings and colours) only 6 are currently being used as night nappies!!
17 x Pocket/AIO nappies (Tots Bots) for nursery
8 x Itti Bittis (various sizes)
17 x BBOS/WN/Fuzzi Pocket Nappies (weekend/home)
4 x AIO

Then the list of wraps to go with the fitteds is mad!! And that doesn't include the extra boosters/inserts/liners etc that make up the stash. :shock:

Has anyone elses stash taken them by surprise when they finally get round to checking what they have bought over the years?!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Impending new baby causes real nappy audit!

Postby monsterm » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:58 pm

You are in good company here hun. Many of us have stashes that are too big to mention in case our other halves see :giggle: TBH I think your stash is fairly standard. You'd be surprised how many nappies newborns go through in a day.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:02 pm

Yes but not too that degree I may gave to read those figures out to DH so he see's that I've got to but some more.

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:16 pm

I've just posted lots of pics of my newborn stash for my baby due next week - I was a bit :shock: :oops: :giggle: when I realised how many I have - and they are just the newborn ones. I have lots of smalls, some mediums and loads of one size nappies too. :giggle:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Who am I to comment on bulky nappy stashes :lookround: ???

Sounds a great stash to me!!

My avatar
monkeyhanger
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby monkeyhanger » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:02 am

Thanks for the resounding support everyone :D.

I did feel better when I showed him the basket/bag of stuff to find a new home. Although i probably do need to destash again once we see what we actually use on spud. Then again if we are planning third isnt it best to just hang on to them and wait and see???

With my new xs/nb wrap purchases I really really dont need to buy any more for a third one do i? :giggle:

My avatar
monkeyhanger
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby monkeyhanger » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:22 pm

Ooh fluffy mail arrived today :D

2 x ME xs - they are perfect
1 x Bambooty strawberry wet bag (for wipes)
50 x fleece wipes in various colours (to be backed with terry when i can dig sewing machine out!!)

I'm awaiting to see what arrives with postie tomorrow...

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Nimyue » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:08 am

It's a good thing DH's are very uninterested in nappies... they don't see how much we collect :mrgreen:

My avatar
monkeyhanger
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby monkeyhanger » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:34 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
When I sent hubby to get the moses basket from MIL's - he came back with a random bag of nappies I had completely forgotton about!!! :giggle:

A bag full of Bambino mio sz1 prefolds and 3x wraps

Thats a few more to add to my stash - I honestly genuinely thought that I had sold them when we moved last year!!!

Oh well - i'm kind of glad as the prefold fit inside my TB pockets lovely for the NB setting. Will probably list the wraps if anyone is interested?

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat