hf1

Needing some help before potty training

My avatar
Bee's Knees
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Needing some help before potty training

Postby Bee's Knees » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi all, I haven't been aroun for a while. I was happy with my stash and then duhn duhn duuuuuhn, we had to stop. The childminder wouldn't have them anymore. She said they leaked. I say user error. Whatevs. We got out of the habit of using as he was SUCH a heavy wetter so night and weekends were easier to use the nature baby pull ups

Anyways... Christy is 2 1/2 now and totally able and aware to use the potty, but he won't do it consistently. I keep telling DH and the childminder he needs to go back to cloth. So I'm looking for a cloth pull up for a heavy wetter. Does this exist? Really any help would be totally appreciated.

I'll be around as I've got to start selling off my stash now anyway and will be stalking to see sort of prices until I get myself sorted out.

Thanks!
xxKaren

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Needing some help before potty training

Postby monsterm » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:56 am

Sorry this post got missed Karen. I have a super wetter & I'm in a similar position in that Amelie is well able but won't consistently use the potty/toilet. I have not found a training pants that holds enough of a volume of fluid to make it worth A wearing them rather than ordinary underwear. Wonder if one of the WAHM would customise the absorbancy?

My avatar
Yvette75
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Yvette75 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:58 am

I used diaperaps training pants when potty training my son but whilst they would hold a reasonable wee (my son is not a heavy wetter though) the trousers underneath did need changing unless you go there very quickly. However, they did save the puddle on the carpet/needing to wash the pushchair covers etc which was my main aim. We now just use them for long car journeys in case we get stuck in traffic and can't have a loo stop.

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:28 am

I'm sure someone posted about a WAHM on etsy that made pull up cloth nappies, I think she posted a review in the reviews section on here.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:30 am

Have you looked at nappies by Minki pull up's they are effectively a pocket nappy with stretchy sides

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:35 am

oh and the gnappy, I haven't tried one but when I looked at it I did think it could be used as a pull up as it has stretchy sides.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat