hf1

Size/ Fitting issues - fat thighs/ thin tum!

My avatar
livvybee
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Size/ Fitting issues - fat thighs/ thin tum!

Postby livvybee » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:29 am

thoughts and recommendations please! my daughter who is nearly 9 months seems to be a bit funny shaped! she has absolutely mahoosive thighs, yet a really really slim tum! We're doing fine with fluff been using it for ages, at the mo we are using LLS at night times with wool or fleece which seems to work great so no issues here. In the daytime tend to use a combination of tots bots with wrap/ junior joy and bambino mio prefolds, and kooshies. All are pretty ok but I'm having to do them up so that they are tight enough on her belly and they leave massive red marks on her thighs, or if I try doing them looser on belly i get gaping and leakage on the belly and the thighs. tried WNOS and have also got 8 wonderoo V2s but tbh she seems to pee right through them (query strip wash needed - but that's another issue??). So if anyone has a similarly shaped baby and/ or any ideas - HELP!!!
:babyroll: xx

My avatar
livvybee
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Size/ Fitting issues - fat thighs/ thin tum!

Postby livvybee » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:31 am

Forgot to say, I am quite prepared to do a complete destash/ restash if there are some wonderfully fitting nappies out there!! Just I wouldnt know which ones lol :loopy:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:33 am

I found Baby Beehinds to be really separately adjustable, they are probably worth a try. The bamboo ones are fantastically absorbent and slim too :D :D

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:35 am

We had similar issues.Couldn't get WNOS or WNSS to ever fit. We used bumgenius, ecobubs, greenkids pockets and dunk n fluff, fluff n stuff and puddlekins/little gumnut fitteds. What about trying lls day nappies?
We used greenkids inserts in greenkids but ptit dessous and easy peasy hemp in the other pockets.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:37 am

izzy was just like this.our best fittinh nappies were weenotions sized as we could do them tight on the waist,loose on legs same with any nappy i suppose that has 2rows of snaps. Little lambs were perfect. I had 2 other faves but hard to get now. Upsy daisy and lls. With pocket nappies you need a good insert. For wraps wool is best imo xx

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:41 am

littlesez wrote:izzy was just like this.our best fittinh nappies were weenotions sized as we could do them tight on the waist,loose on legs same with any nappy i suppose that has 2rows of snaps. Little lambs were perfect. I had 2 other faves but hard to get now. Upsy daisy and lls. With pocket nappies you need a good insert. For wraps wool is best imo xx

The lady that made upsey daisy nappies makes custom nappies now :wink:

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:27 pm

My guess is something with 2 rows of snaps, like Real Easys, might be what you need.

My avatar
AAMum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby AAMum » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:00 pm

My boys are the same and I found velcro best. Both used bumgenius, blueberry one size and greenkids. Upshot Daisy's were great too.

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby macmomo » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:58 am

My baby is the same, but I found that Tots Bots (FlexiTots and EasyFits) were good because of very soft leg elastic and squashy nappy plus the aplix waist (though I do get wing droop a bit). We also have good fit with BBSS (at 9 months just moving into the large sizes) and with BBOS esp the non-minky ones because they're so squashy you can pull them in very snug at the waist. Also - we're getting a really nice fit with Lollipop fitteds (large) for the same reason as Tots Bots - soft and aplix waist.

If your LO isn't crawling/walking yet there is scope for the thighs to thin out in the months ahead though!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat