hf1

Giving up on cloth night nappies

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Giving up on cloth night nappies

Postby tanya » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:24 am

I have decided that, this time, I am giving up on cloth night nappies rather than fight the inevitable and continually change nappies to find one to suit my heavy wetting child. I went through so many different types of nappy with Bella and it was horrendous every time I had to find new ones. Add to this Jake's issues with fleece and my choice is even more limited this time round.

He can now outpee a WNNN at 15 months :( By this I mean the nappy is saturated, as are his woolies and his gro-bag. And I'm finding it almost impossible to make sure I have a clean gro-bag for him.

A sposie, whilst very full in the morning, doesn't leak at all. Much as I dislike them, I believe they have their place, and this is one of them.

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Giving up on cloth night nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:31 am

I think you just have to do what works best for you Tanya :hug:

We have only recently started using night nappies after being in disposables over night since birth and are getting on well with WNNN but the last couple of nights the whole nappy has been completely saturated, luckily although her wool has been damp in the morning it hasn't leaked through on to her bed. I want a light wetter next time :roll: :giggle:

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:32 am

sounds like a good choice tanya. when we use sposies we get the ones from lidl (they are award winners and cheap but amazing!) xxx

My avatar
MumOf1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby MumOf1 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:52 am

I wouldn't worry too much about it! I've had to go back to disposables at night as Emily now has to wear full body bandages at night because of her eczema so I couldn't see cloth working bacause she has to wear two layers of bandages plus night clothes over the top. She's still in cloth all day so I'm still getting the use of the rest of her nappies but now having to sell off her night nappies. If it works then, don't worry, it's the best thing for him!

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:11 am

I have been there with DS I still occasionally use cloth of a night occasionally but the amount of boosting is hysterical he can't even walk.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:23 am

Funnily enough DH is now trying to persuade me not to give up on them!!

Jake can't walk in his night nappies, but that's not an issue to me. He doesn't do much walking once his night nappy is on! The constant leaking is.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:51 am

I'd do the same. While Isaac was a heavy day wetter, his night nappies coped well 99% of the time. It's annoying enough having to do full clothes changes during the day for leaks but at night, it would be a total PITA with sleep bags & bedding too.

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:23 am

We tried cloth at night but it just didn't work at all for us for many reasons so we're back to sposies overnight! I hate them but you have to do whatever works best for you xx

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:33 am

Your right sposies do have their place and I remember the issues you had with Bella! Its fristrating but you need to do what's best for yourself and if that means ditching night cloth then so be it :hug:

Finding night nappies that work for heavy wetters can be a serious expense too which I think adds to the stress! I would do sposies at night if Zarah starting weeing for England

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat