hf1

Oh dear.

My avatar
Jellybelly6
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Oh dear.

Postby Jellybelly6 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:00 pm

The phone went at the critical getting baby ready for bed tonight and I ended up having a long involved conversation with someone so.... My husband got the baby ready and put him to bed.

I asked what nappy he put on him. The answer is a nice bamboo fitted- good start. Followed by a second nappy (I often put a hemp prefold in between the wrap and the fitted). This is not quite what DH did. He put a LL pocket nappy on the top of the fitted. :hohoho:

Will this work- I highly doubt it! :shock: :doh: :hohoho:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Oh dear.

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:09 pm

:hohoho:
At least he's tried! :wine:
You never know, it may work. The PUL of the pocket in on the outside, so if the fit around the legs is ok - you may be surprised.

My dad moved in with us a few weeks ago and is perfectly happy managing a tots bots fitted, liners inside & PUL wrap. However he picked up an itti..........
But he put the itti on, with liner but then a PUL wrap over the top!
At least it wasnt going to leak!

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:49 pm

Bless him. My DH is the same can never remember the names so we have to have a discussion to discribe the nappy until I recognise it. Seriously is it that difficult?

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:50 pm

:hohoho: he was looking over my shoulder as asked what DH stood for so I told him it was dumb arse husband.

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Nimyue » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:20 am

Since we switched to cloth, my DH doesn't change nappies anymore ;p The cloth confuses him too much! I put my Wonderoos all together ready to go, what's so difficult? meh, I don't mind really, mostly because the real reason he won't do it is he doesn't want to screw up my nappies :giggle:

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:26 am

My DH put Dot to bed last night in a cheap pocket with microfibre insert! When I went to change her 10mins later, I found myself apologising for not explaining to him which nappies to put her in at night! Funny that it crossed my mind to check what nappy he had put her in! :giggle:

My avatar
Jellybelly6
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Jellybelly6 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:39 am

His theory was fairly good. He doesn't like changing the nappies as he finds it all too confusing but now I am back at work he has been trying. I often mega stuff a LL pocket for overnight and leave that for him to put on the baby when I am late shift and he knows I tend to use the bamboo fitted nappies when I am around so it was just a mixing of the two! Good logic really and well done to him for trying.

My mum on the other hand (who used terry nappies in her day and I have never understood why someone who could fold one of them can't do modern cloth) put a Bumgenius in the wrong way round so one of the tabs came undone. Needless to say I picked up a rather damp baby!

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:23 pm

It is lovely when they try :giggle:
My OH once got DD ready for bed, he put the right nappy on, all the boosters in and the wool on top. He later said to me that he loved the booster that had the snaps that wrapped round the others (very handy for holding them all together apparently) I was bit confused so checked and found one of my CSP lovingly snapped round the HL boosters :hohoho: :doh:

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:30 pm

shoogah01 wrote:It is lovely when they try :giggle:
My OH once got DD ready for bed, he put the right nappy on, all the boosters in and the wool on top. He later said to me that he loved the booster that had the snaps that wrapped round the others (very handy for holding them all together apparently) I was bit confused so checked and found one of my CSP lovingly snapped round the HL boosters :hohoho: :doh:

Brilliant :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat