In need of a shake up

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

In need of a shake up

Postby emsy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:36 pm

What's your most reliable/fav nappy ??
i think my stash is in need of a little shake up to iron out some of our problems :roll:
today we outweed a few of our favourite nappies so i put a fitted and wrap on him (i normaly only use 2parters at night) and it worked perfect for us with no leaks !! so what i now have the temptation to do is go and buy some lovely fitteds and wraps for during the day :oops: i have totaly fallen out with my pockets at the moment :(
so pointless thread really what i wanted to ask was what's your favourite nappy/combination for reliability ?!?!

My avatar
flossyfly
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: In need of a shake up

Postby flossyfly » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:42 pm

currently in love with fitteds and fleece in the day and with wool at night. Have also been using my Issy Bear nappies too.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:53 pm

flossyfly wrote:currently in love with fitteds and fleece in the day and with wool at night. Have also been using my Issy Bear nappies too.

I have really avoided fleece during the day since DS was about 1 as I was scared of pressure leaking. Am I being silly and should I give it ago again ATM our fleece is confined to night time.

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:18 pm

Bumgenius flips are by far our most reliable nappy, we used the staydry inners til DD was 13 months and now use the organic ones since she has become a heavier wetter. Generally they last 3-4hrs and we have never had a leak.

just a shame they're not that pretty :(

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:57 am

Fitted wise I love bitti boos with a thirsties duo wrap. I also love owe whoa whens, dunk n fluffs and holdens landings - all with thirsties duo wraps x

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:37 am

ATM I'm mostly using little lambs with ME rikki wraps. Boring but effective :-) though she has been getting marks on her thighs from the LL so I am also considering a change. I love my OWW, especially with wool, but can't afford to use them full time.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:06 am

We've completely changed out stash for Eleanor.
Btp nappies just don't seem to suit her. We have a few WN & BBOS but that's all.
We only use itti's & fitteds really

I'm just having a revival of prefolds after getting some oww ones in the coop! Couldn't get them to work in the early days with James but I think that was because they were ones from a free trial of a laundry service - but these oww ones with decent wraps are fabulous!

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:21 am

docmaggoo wrote:I'm just having a revival of prefolds after getting some oww ones in the coop! Couldn't get them to work in the early days with James but I think that was because they were ones from a free trial of a laundry service - but these oww ones with decent wraps are fabulous!

Sounds like we have a similar stash.

I'm really loving OWW's like the others have said, their fitted and prefolds are great.
My new favourite wraps are Weenotions new style wraps, they are amazing.
I did have a thristie that I love'd but it managed to get caught and jam / block up my new machine. When it eventually came out it had ripped and the section that had been ripped up was what caused the block. No idea how that happened but was very gutted. :cry:
I do have to say that the WN wraps are much more leak proof than the thristie's.

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:35 am

Smartipants with two inserts of Itti SIOs are our most reliable, never get leaks in those two.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat