hf1

Cloth ignorance?

My avatar
Lynni
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Cloth ignorance?

Postby Lynni » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:46 pm

I'm a member of another forum - Babyexpert and have just been reading a cloth v disposable topic with interest... There is so much negativity surrounding cloth :shock: Too much washing, costly, effort and time, no more environmentally friendly than disposables. Why won't people do the research and see how much better they are? Apparently were known as too posh for pampers :lol:

Not to mention the ones who go out and buy the Mothercare Smart system 'nooooooooo you silly mare, your missing out on so many better nappies!!!!' :evil:

God they wanna wake up and smell the coffee!

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Cloth ignorance?

Postby Rae » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:49 pm

I think it is people using disposables trying to justify to themselves that what they are doing is better.
Also I think that until some people get into the routine of cloth, they don't realise how easy it is.

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:13 pm

I think it was someone on a competion here who ended with " would you wear paper knickers"

when i think of dispos now that's how i view them, but for hols-had to use em

My avatar
Lynni
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Lynni » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:18 pm

It annoys me to read so many people be so negative.... fair enough if they've tried them and not got on with the system, but how do you know it won't work unless you try?! :roll:

Didn't bother to repy as it's like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole :?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:23 pm

Heh - I'm too skint for p@mp£r$!!

At least the mothercare smart system is better than using a disp...

My avatar
Lynni
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Lynni » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:36 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:

But is it? apparently from the reviews I've seen it works out just as expensive and isn't reliable

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:55 pm

it works out just as expensive

I thought it was pricey when i saw it in a store, and complicated, and boring.

we're too poor for p@mp£rs too - but it's nice to be thought of as being to posh for 'em

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:15 pm

Lynni wrote:
Velvetsteph wrote:

But is it? apparently from the reviews I've seen it works out just as expensive and isn't reliable

But you can use the cloth inserts not the disposable ones - why would you go to the bother of buying the outers only to put disposable pads in them, I don't get that?

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:48 pm

I don't know anything about the smart nappy form Mothercare, but they now also sell bumgenius, modern baby and bambino mio nappies, although unfortunately they aren't in-store, just online. Shame they aren't actually on the shelves where they might catch a customer's attention...

From talking to friends it's the extra work that puts them off, and until you try you don't realise how little effort it takes in the great big scheme of things. But it's that vicious circle of not trying as you assume it's too much hassle.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat