hf1

Weenotions inspiration needed :)

My avatar
Lizw
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Weenotions inspiration needed :)

Postby Lizw » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:26 pm

Help me please :) I neeed to buy a wee notions ( at least one) for my little man but can't decide what to go for. There are too many options e.g what is the difference between minkee and cuddle soft. Do I get a large or a one size pocket??? Without even thinking about colours???, these are our ideas so far.

1. OH choice - black outer yellow inner with biohazard symbol. He saw one preloved on here once when we turned to cloth and regrets not buying.

2. My choice rainbow striped with either cloth nappies rock on it or my little boys nickname Mr Dan

3. Plain colour with name on it and something cool embroidered. I like penguins and stars but not sure if that is too wintery.

Open to other suggestions :) and ready to join a whole new level of cloth loving. Show me what you have and inspire me ;)

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Weenotions inspiration needed :)

Postby scarlet » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:34 pm

There are some amazing embroidery's.
What about front of the nappy Pirate/ Pirate ship on pale blue or the pale blue, Going into MINKEE GELATO FABRIC – Lagoon or Aqua Sea on the back with fish and mermaids ect.

My avatar
Lizw
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Lizw » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:11 pm

Oooooh they sound like lovely ideas :)

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:24 pm

There is also a Weenotions show off thread which would be a great source of info, but can't locate it.
@fluffymummy
@Louise
@Zoeyboo

Can any of you ladies help me check it down.... :hug:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:24 pm

Oh gosh I love WN they are a pure addiction.
Minkee and cuddlesoft IMO there is no real difference just by different makers, cuddlesoft is a little cheaper and I think that some people find cuddlesoft inner's can give wicking. I haven't but I know they removed the option and you now have to ask if that's what you want.
I prefer large over one size as you can have things in the front.
I would got along with DH for the first one they love feeling involved. :roll:
How about the bio hasard one with Mr Dan in on the front in yellow.
We have a orange minkee with a purple monster in the bum lined in mocha (most of mine are lined in mocha saves bothering about stains :giggle:
A turquoise minkee one with noah's ark on the bum (the most amazing embroidery)
Lagoon minkee with a alien in a space ship in silver on the bum DS's favourite
Purple minkee with a dragon on the bum.
A blue cuddlesoft with robot cotton front border and a red robot on the bum.
That's all DS's but I wanted so many more but he's 26 mths now so they won't get the use. However I wanted...
Mr Quakers embroidery we love feeding the ducks. (your lucky I correct that typo)
Real men wear pink on black with hot pink lining.
If I don't match it's cause daddy dressed me embroidery (I've jut ordered this for DD) I've seen it done on biscuit CS with mocha front and a banana border embroidery very cute.
Polar bear on back of lagoon minkee.
Pirate ship on back with two minkee sky sea theme and desert island on front.
I could go on all night.
Can believe I gigot our new one.
Two parter silver minkee leg binding in puerile with trick or treak and a witch and frankenstein and a mummy above. The nappy is just silver minkee. Totally love this.
Last edited by KimmyM on Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

My avatar
Lizw
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Lizw » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:40 pm

They sound amazing :) I am worried it is the start of my new addiction. Thinking of getting one for my Godson as well but he is a chunky 24 pounds. Will a large fit him??
Thanks so much for the advice so far

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:44 pm

They fit Noo and he's 26 you can have the waist and thighs fastened differently so looser on fat legs :giggle:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:59 pm

scarlet wrote:There is also a Weenotions show off thread which would be a great source of info, but can't locate it.
@fluffymummy
@Louise
@Zoeyboo

Can any of you ladies help me check it down.... :hug:

Here it is:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=72744

There are some fan ideas there! Or stalk their Facebook albums for previous customs got inspiration!

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:15 pm

I blame you dispite the fact I have an order worth over £100 on order. I have now just put another £40 order in.
All your fault, I hope your happy with yourselves young lady. :giggle:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat