hf1

Cloth in hospital? (for older children, not newborns!)

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Cloth in hospital? (for older children, not newborns!)

Postby e586 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:31 pm

Ryan's having an MRI on Thursday and will be sedated. I could put him in a Bambooty night nappy before he's sedated as it'll last for ages, but wondering if I should just use disposables for the day and if they'll fuss about him being in cloth. Just wondered if anyone had used cloth in hospital for older children and how it went?

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Cloth in hospital? (for older children, not newborns!)

Postby docmaggoo » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:35 pm

When James was in hospital aged 11 months for 4 days we used disposables initially because they were monitoring urine output & wanted to weigh them (because he was on iv fluids)
But after 48hrs we went back to cloth. The ward had no problems as I was there the whole time to do the nappy changes anyway.
Id stick with cloth. If something arises which means you need to switch the ward will have a disposable for you to you.

Hope the scan & sedation goes ok :hug:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:42 pm

When DS was in hospital they made a huge fuss and asked my to remove it and have someoe bring disposables up. As we went in as an emergency I didn't face abything with me so even fad to ask someone else on the ward for a nappy sack to put it in. Not sure if I was just unlucky though.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:46 pm

Cloth has never been a problem for us x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:27 pm

I'd just use cloth. I can't see why they'd have a problem with it unless they wanted to monitor urine output. I personally wouldn't buy a pack of disposables just for a hospital visit. If they have got an issue with it then get them to provide them for you.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:45 pm

Very naughty but tesco's will provide them for free if you changing in there toilets. Just ask at customer service. It'll get you one :wink:

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:52 pm

Catrin was in for 2 nights when she was 18 months to remove a piece of metal from her foot, the ward were fine with cloth, the nurses were all really positive and all thought they were great, a couple had even used terry's on their own children. They were fine with her having cloth on in theatre too, just no metal so they checked she didn't have a pinned nappy :giggle:
She was also seen on the ward as a day case when she was 6 weeks as she'd lost weight, they weighed her nappies then to check output and were happy for her to stay in cloth for this, we just weighed the clean nappy before it got put on her and made a note of the weight so we could subtract it from the wet weight.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:56 pm

Tara84 wrote:They were fine with her having cloth on in theatre too, just no metal

That would apply to the MRI scanner too!
Just incase you use pins :giggle: ;)

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:00 pm

docmaggoo wrote:
Tara84 wrote:They were fine with her having cloth on in theatre too, just no metal

That would apply to the MRI scanner too!
Just incase you use pins :giggle: ;)

No pins! :giggle:

Though that was one of my worries that they would fuss about the nappy having snaps, even though they're not metal! But if I put him in an Easyfit it won't last as long as I might need it to.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat