hf1

Cloth in hospital? (for older children, not newborns!)

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Cloth in hospital? (for older children, not newborns!)

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:31 pm

I use full time cloth in hospital for both Findlay and Iona and it's never been a problem although one nurse has whinged a bit that a wet bag is an infection risk :roll: . Just put him in something that is Velcro as they may take the nappy off depending on which part the MRI is being done on and in my experience nurses/radiologists/nurses are generally incapable of managing nippas or poppers :giggle: In my 2.5yrs of experience of using cloth nappies in hospital Easyfits/Teenyfits seem to be the nappy most managed by nurses.

Even if urine output needs to be monitored cloth is not an issue despite what some (not cloth friendly) nurses say, I've got a set of scales in Iona's room as she has to have her output carefully monitored due to being on TPN and as every cloth nappy weighs differently I just have to weigh every single one before it goes on and then when it comes off.

Hope the MRI goes well xx

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:24 pm

How did it go??? When Grace was admitted when she was 8months old I only had cloth with me. One of the nurses was a bit funny about me using it & told me I had to use sposies so they could weigh them. I had a changing bag full of goodmamas so I told them to weigh one of the dry ones & then use that as a base weight. She was a bit snotty about it & said she'd have to speak to the ward sister :roll: The ward sister was more than happy for Grace to stay in cloth & even said it was probably better for her anyway as would keep her cooler :thumbsup: If the 1st nurse hadn't been so snotty about it & there had been a good reason I would have used one of their sposies but Grace had been cloth bummed since she was 2days old so I was a bit precious about it :oops: :giggle:

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:10 pm

Thanks again everyone, it went well, though he fought the sedatives for an hour and put up quite a fight! The nurse said she'd never had anyone resist it for so long, especially as he'd had both types and taken them all. We were lucky as it really should have been under GA due to his age/size, but since it worked and the scan went smoothly we won't have to repeat. He was out cold afterwards and we let him sleep for an hour, but then I had to wake him so they could see him eat/drink. He was so dopey and wobbly I had to carry him to the car, and he walked round the house all evening like he'd had one too many to drink but has been fine today, just a little sleepy.

I put him in a Bambooty nights before he took the meds, and the nurse said 'oooh-cute!' and that's all that was said about it :) Glad it took them now!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat