hf1

Cloth in hospital? (for older children, not newborns!)

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Cloth in hospital? (for older children, not newborns!)

Postby charliesam » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:17 pm

We used cloth when Sam was in hospital when he was 2. I took itti's, it was an emergency admission so I didn't have anything else.the ward were great - all intrigued by his nappies and he spent all day (when he was a bit better) walking up and down the ward in his itti's and a vest with me following and educating the nurses and the other mums about cloth at the same time

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:37 pm

charliesam wrote:We used cloth when Sam was in hospital when he was 2. I took itti's, it was an emergency admission so I didn't have anything else.the ward were great - all intrigued by his nappies and he spent all day (when he was a bit better) walking up and down the ward in his itti's and a vest with me following and educating the nurses and the other mums about cloth at the same time

I had Lucas in cloth from birth and the midwives kept bringing the other ones in to show off his nappies and they loved changing him! (I was stuck on the bed most of the night on a drip so they did all the changing)

I've never had to take any of them to hospital (apart from one trip to a&e with Nat) so just trying to get my head round it all and think through the logistics of nappies, wipes, all the bags we'll need with nappies, food, toys/books, etc. Lucas will be with us too so I'll need nappies/food etc for him too!

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby girlinleeds » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:47 pm

i dont have a issue with cloth on our ward and it is lovely to see other cloth users and have a chat about nappies, parents choice i wouldnt buy disposables when pippa went in she had cloth on

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:09 pm

I wouldn't buy disposables, I would take him in cloth - as a pp has said, if they particularly want him in a disposable for any reason then they can provide it xx

My avatar
Yvette75
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Yvette75 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:24 pm

If you want to use cloth then use it!

I used cloth when Christopher was in overnight when a few weeks old. Nobody had an issue with it. I stayed with him all the time as was breastfeeding.

Hope it all goes well x

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:19 am

DD had an op about 6 months ago, she wore cloth the whole time. I just made sure i changed her just before she went down to theatre, and put an extra booster in her easyfit just incase. As the others said the only stipulation was no metal.

Good luck with the scan :hug:

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:29 am

i always have ryan in cloth when we are in it's the only time i use it through the night as well as they wake him and me throught the night so i can change him if needs be. they alway comment how nice it to see a yuong mum using cloth but they like to see anyone using coth where we are

i hope it all goes well for him

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:34 pm

thanks everyone for your replies :)

Bags are mostly packed and full of cloth! :)

My avatar
Samm1985
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Samm1985 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:04 am

Go with cloth if they have a problem ask them to get you a disposable.

I work as a paediatric nusre and would be chuffed to see someone using cloth :widesmile: Has happened so far!

Good luck for the MRI :hug:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat