hf1

Trying pockets again?

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Trying pockets again?

Postby tanya » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:11 am

Has anybody who had issues with pockets ever gone back to them to retry at a later date?

We gave up using pockets about 11 months ago as Jake was 1) sensitive to fleece (which a lot of pockets seem to be lined with) and 2) his skin didn't seem to like PUL. But I am considering getting a few pockets again for daddy's use and for short trips out.

I guess the only way to find out is to buy one or two to try!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Re: Trying pockets again?

Postby littlesez » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:17 am

we went back to pockets for nights because nothing would cope. What about some pre loved wee notions. They mostly have minkee linings x

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:07 am

We went back to pockets with Austin and that's mostly what we were using just before he potty trained, if that gives you any hope.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:16 am

I have a couple of fleece-lined WNOS you can borrow if you want to try them?

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:24 pm

We had real problems with pockets until Poppy was around a year old. She kept getting really sore whenever she wore them, didn't matter what I did she'd end up with blisters within a day of wearing pockets/AI2's. We would then put her in fitteds and it would clear up. All of a sudden she was fine with pockets, I think she was about 15months (it's why we have a set of both fitted and pockets) when her skin would tolerate pockets and it's what we've been using most of since.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat