hf1

Why don't all nappies have leg-gussets like the Pop-Ins?

My avatar
Robins_Mummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Why don't all nappies have leg-gussets like the Pop-Ins?

Postby Robins_Mummy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:48 am

The Close Parent Pop-In nappies have the extra protection round the legs, of the little elasticated leg-gusset (like disposables do) to stop anything leaking out - I find this really good, and with quite a few of my 'normal/non-gusseted' nappies, when my LO poos, it just spreads out and shows round the legs. (eg: my Blueberry nappies: the 'pocket' fabric shows round the legs, so when he poos it too shows round the legs, and so gets on his clothes!!)
I just wondered if I'm missing something: why aren't the elasticated leg gussets the norm, they seem such a good idea!?

Here's a link with the leg-gussets incase I've not explained very well!! http://www.closeparent.com/Default.aspx?tabid=148

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Why don't all nappies have leg-gussets like the Pop-Ins?

Postby docmaggoo » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:25 am

It's a very difficult fit every nappy to suit every baby. I personally prefer the fit of gussets on my skinny two, but I know other mums that don't.
I know that the tots bots wraps with gussets (the old style) fit better for us than their newer flexiwraps.

But then again we can get a great fit with itti's which don't have gussets.
I guess what I'm saying is:each baby with each nappy is different.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:08 am

I find non gusset work better for us itms juts personal preference.
I always get leaks with gusseted wraps (is that even a word)

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:30 pm

I guess that different nappies work for different babies! I personally prefer my wraps to have gussets but I know that not everyone likes them. My youngest is 8 weeks old and :bf: and gusseted wraps are the only ones that contain her poo. But for my older DD (2) gussets-or lack of-don't really make much of a difference.

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:37 pm

I used pop-ins a LOT when T was little...they were about the only thing that fit him until I discovered HC and more brands of fitteds that I could use more wool over the top.
As he got older they became less important, think thats a fairly common thing!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:08 pm

For us we got a lot of rashes and soreness from gusset-ed wraps and nappies so they don't work for everyone ;)

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat