hf1

Do you change nappies upstairs or downstairs? :)

My avatar
ann_mk
Clothie
Clothie

Do you change nappies upstairs or downstairs? :)

Postby ann_mk » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:18 pm

I know, it sounds bit silly but I'm new to cloth nappies. :oops: Baby is due 1st of Feb and I've started collecting a good stash now :) But I'm bit struggling how to plan in my house - in terms of where to change nappies during the day.

Do you keep 1 stash upstairs in the bedroom for night-time and evening changes and another stash downstairs for the day time? Does it mean I need to organise 2 buckets for dirty nappies, 2 sets of washable baby wipes etc?
Somehow I'm unable to think about the perfect solution here but I would like to avoid running upstairs every time I will need to change the nappy.

With disposable nappies with my first one it was easy as I didn't have to worry about where I was changing the nappy. I think it's going to be a challenge with the cloth nappies though.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Do you change nappies upstairs or downstairs? :)

Postby Caroline » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:22 pm

I've only ever changed upstairs because I just don't like the thought for changing a dirty nappy downstairs. I think I'm unusual in this though as most friends of mine seem to do it downstairs. They look a bit miffed when they come here and I send them into Max's room to do a change :giggle:

My avatar
Yvette75
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Yvette75 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:22 pm

I change nappies in the living room, always have done. It drives my mum mad that I have 2 boxes of cloth nappies and other bits on my fireplace! :hohoho: A beautiful focal point to the room imho!!!!!

I only change in the night, even in the newborn days if she had poo'ed in which case I brought Emily downstairs so as not to wake Christopher or DH (nice wife that I am!) so unless she poo'ed I used to try to leave her in the same nappy from about midnight until 6-7am. I do however have a bucket in the downstairs loo and one in the bathroom upstairs so that nappies can be put in there before baths etc.

Yvette x

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:26 pm

We do ours upstairs because that's where we keep our nappies & bucket. But if we are downstairs and it's quicker to do one there with the change bag then we use that instead. It's usually if James is asleep we do it downstairs because all the stuff is in his room.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:31 pm

I don't see why there's a difference between sposies and cloth TBH. :? All my nappies are upstairs and I have an extra large wetbag in the bathroom for wet and dirt ones. I generally fill the nappy bag with clean nappies, wipes, large wetbag etc of an evening ready for the next day. So if we are downstairs I use the ones that are in the changing bag and put wet/dirty ones in the large wetbag, if we are upstairs I will grab one from the storage ladder and pop the nappy straight in the big wetbag in the bathroom.

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:39 pm

Downstairs but only as that's where we spend the whole day

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby knees_on » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:39 pm

It's a very sensible question I think.

We have a en-suite upstairs with built in drawers and a huge surface on top ideal for a changin mat. With plany of room for storage so...in the early days we always changed upstairs and kept everything that wasn't in the out and about change bag up there including nappy bucket. However once she got to standing/walking it was pointless fighting with her on the change mat so now at 16 months wew always change downstairs and all nappy stuff is in the living room :oops: . 2 nappy buckets in the utility room.

If I was starting again I would have a wetbag upstairs not a nappy bucket. With all mine (cloth and non-cloth) I have cleared the top of a chest of drawers for changing. We've never had 'nursery furniture'!!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:42 pm

It doesn t make too much difference.
I try to change my nappies upstairs as it is good exercise for me :D I only use a nappy may on the floor wherever.
In the early days I would usually just have a few cloth downstairs with a change mat like you would sposies?
Then walk upstairs with it when you ve finished feed or whatever and put into the bucket or you could put in a wet bag and empty at end of the day.
I ve never found a need for two buckets.
Hope that helps xxx

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:47 pm

We have one bucket upstairs and change downstairs.In the early days we did night changes upstairs on changing table.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat