hf1

Are there any cloth nappy meets or free nappy trials?!?!?!?

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Are there any cloth nappy meets or free nappy trials?!?!?!?

Postby jclmellor » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:46 pm

my work place offers funding for 'green' activities. i'm thinking of applying for some money to buy one or two large sets of reusable nappies/accessories for mums (who are new to cloth) to borrow, in the local area. this would be a free sample for them, to see if cloth works for them before splashing out. they could borrow for a month and then return.
what do you think of this idea?!??!?! if i got this funding, i also wonder whether having a "cloth nappy meet" would be a good idea (e.g. like a "sling meet") for people in the local area who are using cloth, or for those who are interested. any opinions/advice are welcome!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Are there any cloth nappy meets or free nappy trials?!?!?!?

Postby Bugglyboo » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:01 pm

Our county (Devon) do this. It's fab.
The nappies I thought we'd buy aren't the ones we've ended up with. We are allowed to borrow the trial packs for a month and then get 20% off at the local nappy shop (Totnes Nappy Company). It helped to find out what sort fitted Ed and our lifestyle best.
I know Ali from TNC used to come on here but it might be worth contacting her through her website if you want more info. www.totnesnappycompany.co.uk

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:14 pm

Great idea but I would charge a nominal fee to cover replacing nappies when they become discontinued, damaged or stained.

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:54 pm

I agree, I would charge a small fee to replace them, and I would also ask for a deposit that would cover the cost of replacing the nappies if they all get sent back trashed, or dont get sent back at all.

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby busybee » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:08 pm

I used to run a cloth nappy trial scheme :D PM me if you want more info

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Nimyue » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:36 pm

I would have loved this. My nappy 'trial' was buying some preloved wonderoos for next to nothing... This website started my obsession though!!!

Honestly, what made me switch was reading a cloth blog about how the explosive poo up the back thing didn't happen in cloth. Since I've switched I think I've done less laundry because of this!!!

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:16 pm

great idea to charge a small amount for general wear and tear. if disposables cost £5 per week i wonder whether this would be a reasonable amount to ask. i would only be able to do this 'job' temporarily though - when both babes are out of cloth i would probably have to pass the job on to someone else.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat