hf1

Bumboo seats

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Bumboo seats

Postby charliesam » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:40 am

I think that is what they are called!- I have 1 for sam. I wondered if anyone else had used with their babies and how they got on. Sam seems to lean out of it to one side after a bit and not sure if it is just him or that because of his cloth nappy he is sitting a little higher and so it is not supporting him IYKWIM. Also he only just fits in with a bulkier nappy on and he is only 5 and a half months and quite petit!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Bumboo seats

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:49 am

Actually I found Isabelle fitted better in hers than fellow disp wearing babies who flipped themselves out - perhaps she was just wedged in!! :D

She used to lean a bit but that was before she could sit unaided - it's probably because he isn't able to sit unaided yet and so can't quite keep himself upright...

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:59 am

Rowney used to wriggle out of hers all the time, we sold it on because we felt it was too dangerous. we got her a normal booster seat in the end and she was fine in that from a young age because her big nappies seemed to sit her up :lol:

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:14 am

We got one for Kayleigh when she was about 3 months. It worked really well, and she just sat up in it like a little madame. At about 7 or 8 months we stopped using it because she had worked out how to get herself out of it.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:24 am

Had one for Evie but sold it on very quickly as she stretched her arms and legs and arched her back and tried to get herself out of it - even with a big bum (prefolds at the time) she could still try and push herself out.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:32 pm

Heh Isabelle sits in hers again now she's potty trained :lol: We got it out for a friend's baby to borrow when they come round but it's Isabelle's apparently!!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:42 pm

We used one briefly, I didn't like my little tiny baby sitting up as he was a little tiny baby, so used it from about 6 months, then from 6 1/2 - 7 months he always tried to through himself out backwards. Used it as a portable highchair for visiting from then on for about another month, before just using highchairs everywhere.

He always seemed wedged in with his nappy and never actually got himself out.

My avatar
millercl_6
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby millercl_6 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:42 am

i got one for my second son but it hardly got used i think its in the loft now gathering dust.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:00 am

Charlotte used ours quite a bit as she liked sitting upright (and like Isabelle, sits in it occasionally now!). We have used it a little bit for Ben but have found it squashes his tummy a bit and irritates his reflux, although he is liking it better all the time. We have the tray that goes on it and that is brill now he can reach for toys, he has something to do. He has started to arch his back a bit but it doesn't look dangerous yet so we will see how we go.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat