hf1

DH and cloth

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

DH and cloth

Postby Nimyue » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:43 am

So, after DD puked all over me last night (just a typical evening really), we headed up for a shower. I asked DH to get her nekked for the shower. She was wearing a fitted, and I needed him to save the wrap since I'd just put it on. His proclamation was "cloth diapers are gross" :giggle:

Pockets are the same as you have to pull the insert out (at least in the ones I can afford :giggle: )

I have some Ai2s which I know wouldn't bother him, but they are my only fancy nappies so I save them for when we're going somewhere, also because they are the easiest whilst being out.

I love my bamboozles :( I was pondering trying to accumulate more Ai2 or AiO and selling my pockets and fitteds. However, I think DH is so prejudiced against cloth that it won't matter, and I'll have spent even more money.

How are the SO in your lives dealing with cloth? Did you adjust your stash for them to help? Or do you just accept you'll be doing all the nappy changes?

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: DH and cloth

Postby mummy_goose1 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:46 am

To start with hubby would moan everytime he changed her ,and try to put a sposie on, but now he loves them! He changes any pocket nappy without a problem, although there are specific ones he prefers! He designed 2 wnos with velcro, so always reaches for them 1st. I think it just takes them a while to come around?!

My avatar
MumOf1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby MumOf1 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:48 am

My DH isn't too bad. He can use most of the nappies by now, although some of them still confuse him a little. He can't put them together though. He has tried before but usually the wrong inserts end up in the nappies so I do it by myself now.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:49 am

We used cloth from birth so neither of us knew any different tbh - he liked cloth as much as i did and never found it hard work. The only thing he did complain about was how confusing it all got as she got a bit older and i had fitteds, wraps, pockets, AI2 etc, and then night nappies, wool...

So i used to clearly lay them out and he would know what pile was what (so wouldnt put a wrap on a pocket iykwim lol)

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:12 am

My dh has only changed one nappy in Isabel's nearly 5 months of life and that was a disposable :roll:

He does like that I use cloth though and always moans when we do use disposables about how expensive they are (not sure he knows quite how much ive spent on washables :giggle: ) and how much the bin smells. I've even caught him telling his friends how good it is :lol:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:16 am

My DH is fab with the nappies. Loves them as much as i do and knows the difference between them all!
He even does nappy washes & rebuilds them all afterwards!

The only thing is he doesnt put them away in the correct order in the drawer... Itti's have to be in rainbow colour order etc! :giggle: but hey I can't have everything :giggle:

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:19 am

Tell him to man up and get over it. Thats what you have, so thats what he will have to deal with. I bet he is kicking up a fuss in the hope that you will take over with the nappy changes and so he wont have to bother. I would just pass the baby to him and say, 'right thats what she has on, thats what you need to put on, there you go get on with it!'
I am just mean tho :giggle:

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:22 am

DH is fab, he made sure he knew when they came what he had to do, where the inserts went etc he does most of the nappy changes and washes (think I've only ever had to get rid of one poo) we only use pockets though so it's nice an simple.

He even commented the other day when we were sorting everything out for strip wash that we could do with more nappies :)

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:13 am

My DH is fab. He loves cloth nappies and is as adept at putting them on as I am. Our stash is mainly prefolds with wraps and he doesn't find them tricky at all. He also loves that we're saving money by not having to buy sposies all the time!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat