hf1

DH and cloth

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: DH and cloth

Postby lazylexis » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:24 am

I put pockets straight in the nappy bin and only take inserts out as I put them in the wash. Dh has never had a problem with cloth nappies tho.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:41 am

I stuff the pockets and change the newborn nappies but OH is happy with washing (he knows to rinse first and use half a dose of powder) and is happy changing our toddler, but her stash is mainly old Wonderoos and he knows which poppers to use :giggle: So he doesn't have a load of different nappies to deal with. He is also ok with night nappies but used to complain that he couldn't get them on right, I'm not sure why. The last time he put on a disposable he said it was awful :thumbsup: I had a c section 7.5 weeks ago so he did the nappy changes for the 1st day (AIOs and pockets), and had no problems. TBH I think cloth is easier than disposables, I just find the tabs on disposables are just not very sticky, one wriggle and they're undone!!

My avatar
cath
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby cath » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:47 am

DH does very few nappy changes & when he does, he takes off the cloth one & puts a sposie on (we always have some in because she wears them at nursery) I only use fitteds & wraps as everything else leaks on her & he says he cant work out how to put them on.

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:52 am

hi mama, great that you're trying with cloth even though OH is finding it difficult! if you can afford it it sounds a good idea to get some easy all in ones, e.g. totsbots easyfits (get them preloved, much cheaper!) for him to use. we have a stash of about 25 (!) all in ones and 30+ fitteds for one baby... as i don't want to use the dryer and they take ages to dry. we call them 'daddy nappies' and OH is thrilled that he has his own nappy stash haha! we put pockets straight into the nappy bin (no faffing with removing sections) xxx

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:45 pm

My OH is anti cloth but I think more due to the money I spent, he days he doesn't know how to use them but will do it under instruction. A is out of cloth now but the new baby will be in them as soon as they fit. I'm not overly strict with it anyway, while OH was in hospital we had a cloth break and use sposies at night. It's not worth stressing over imo.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:47 pm

Bless him he has never said a word he even try's to pretend to be interested in my new "discoveries". Have to say I dont think he is as keen on washable liners as he is the disposable one's thou.

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:43 pm

dh has always loved my fluff but in the beginning he would always sneak a sposie on when he changed ds, i think it was lack of confidence of putting them on properly :giggle:
he's ok now though and has his own favourites that he's bought in our stash xoxo

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby tracedw » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:10 pm

DS3 is nearly ready to PT now and i have had him in cloth since birth, even though i had CS, but i have to say DH has never changed a nappy , he never did with the other 2 either, so basically he lets me get on with , i buy and use what i like and he has no say either way, he does turn a blind eye to my nappy purchases and wool stash (which is completely out of control) :oops:

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Nimyue » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:14 pm

Yes that is the upside of a DH who doesn't change cloth nappies, when you buy more they don't know the difference! :yahoo: :yahoo:

I have excercised this more times than I should have on the classifieds here and... little gumnuts! He doesn't know the difference between them... sure honey those I got second hand for 5 pounds! :lookround:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat