Stained nappies.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Stained nappies.

Postby KimmyM » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Any ideas.
My TB and Diddy dipers are both looking a little yellow in the pee pee area. They smell clean I have strip washed them but nothing just this pale yellowy patch.
I wash different all the time but mainly cold rince, 60 degree wash and then two rinces. I use either fairy or bold.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Stained nappies.

Postby Bluebell » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:22 pm

Put them in sunlight, or just on a windowsill, even on a cloudy day, the light will bleach out the stains :wink: It might take a couple of days.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:39 pm

Bluebell wrote:Put them in sunlight, or just on a windowsill, even on a cloudy day, the light will bleach out the stains :wink: It might take a couple of days.

yup when they are wet hang them out or put them on a sunny windowsill x

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:24 pm

You see I thought that abd I dried them outside all summer but he just hasn't budged. Maybe I should book a holiday so I can get a good amount of sun :)

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Nimyue » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:15 am

I found the window works great. The moonlight will also help. I left some up for a while and not only did the stain go but they are much whiter altogether. If you're up early enough hang them up in a window that faces sunrise. I've found with my bamboozles that hanging them the night before works great, but they stay wet all night long into the next day. If you're doing cotton it may be best to get up early... I'm allergic to any time before sunrise tho :giggle:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:32 am

Nimyue wrote:I found the window works great. The moonlight will also help. I left some up for a while and not only did the stain go but they are much whiter altogether. If you're up early enough hang them up in a window that faces sunrise. I've found with my bamboozles that hanging them the night before works great, but they stay wet all night long into the next day. If you're doing cotton it may be best to get up early... I'm allergic to any time before sunrise tho :giggle:

time before sunrise, don't talk crazy :)

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat