hf1

Itti bittis or fuzzibunz?

My avatar
yazie88
Clothie
Clothie

Itti bittis or fuzzibunz?

Postby yazie88 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:11 am

I am stuck between the itti bitti tutto or the d'lish and the fuzzibunz nappies. What would people reccomend? I am interested in pocket nappies or AI2 so if there are any other reccomendations apart from the two I am interested in that would be great. Any advice appreciated as I am new to cloth nappies and v v v confused. Thanks!! :D

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Itti bittis or fuzzibunz?

Postby ponygirl » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:14 am

Have not tried the above 2 but am a big fan of Smartipants pocket nappies, find them very reliable, and they come in fab colours too. :D

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:36 am

I've just been given a new fuzzi bunz and like it a lot though haven't tried it on Esmé yet. I don't like the tutto at all, it's just not absorbant enough for us though I am a fan of the d'lish SIO. Like ponygirl Smartipants are my no.1 pocket now.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:54 am

I just tried a bum cheeks pocket and it was fab.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:55 am

How old is your little one?

I haven't tried the tutto, but had itti d'lish SIO when dd was teeny. I found them really difficult - when they worked, they worked fabulously, far better than anything else... but they often didn't work at all. I think until their legs chunk out a bit they possibly aren't the best. They are nice and trim though, so that's a bonus. I have no idea if the tutto is the same.

Fuzzis I found quite good (stopped using them when dd was about 6months I think). The inserts didn't work for us, but dd has always pee'd for England, so I had to buy extra inserts to go in them. Not sure if that'd be the same with a normal wetter.

My avatar
yazie88
Clothie
Clothie

Postby yazie88 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:00 am

Are the smartipants gd over night? I like the itti bitti d'lish SIO too, is this any gd over night or would you reccomend a different nappy for nght time. Tillie is a wriggler all day and night and walking now so need something that doesnt leak x

My avatar
yazie88
Clothie
Clothie

Postby yazie88 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:00 am

Oh, my lo is 10 months old :)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:07 am

I liked Fuzzies, they were a good basic nappy, the mirofibre inserts aren't much good so you need to get something else, bamboo and or hemp is best. Itti bitti sio are lovely but not the best if you have a heavy wetter x

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:12 am

I wouldn't brave an itti overnight as you'll need to add more absorbency. You could use the Smartipants, depending on the babies age, I know some ladies who still use them over night at 8 months with just two inserts in them! Most people end up down the fitted and wrap route for night time though.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat