hf1

Did you use teenyfits from birth?

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Did you use teenyfits from birth?

Postby 123princesssammie » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:53 am

I'm hoping to get away with just using teenyfits and easyfits this time round but wandering if anyone actually used teenyfits from birth? If so what weight was your bubba? And when did they grow out of them? I am buying a few fitteds and wraps aswell just in case buy wanted to just keep things simple x

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Did you use teenyfits from birth?

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:37 am

I think a few people have. I have a few and depending on bubba's weight will use them from birth x

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:39 am

nope we still cant use them there too big! violet was 7lbs 14 at birth, 7lbs 9oz a week ago. i dont know if its just because shes slim, they seem massive and bulky on her!

weve been using xs bg from birth, grovia newborn, kissaluvs size 0, easy peasy fitteds, bg are my favourite though the fit is great and have had no leaks /explosions what so ever!

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:00 pm

Yes we did, they didnt last us very long though, but Jake was 9lb at birth! Looking back, I really do think we would have got away with using Easyfits from the very start. I bought loads of tiny nappies and he grew out of them SO quickly!

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:09 pm

Yes we used them from birth (6lb 11oz). They still fit nicely around her waist at 7 weeks, but not her chunky thighs. She outgrew them before 10lb really :cry: They do fit her thighs, they just leave marks on them... I think they would fit better if she had either a bigger tummy or slimmer thighs, more proportioned. If I do them comfortably around her thighs then they are baggy around her tummy. We're finding the Easyfits are perfect now anyway :D

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:19 pm

we used them from birth until 6 months. Oliver was 8lb7 but was a very skinny and long 8lb7 so the tabs crossed until he was about 4m and the only reason we stopped using them was that he was outgrowing the rise. I bet I could easily put one on him still now :giggle: The one big tip I would give would be to remove the silly bulky mf insert that they come with. You dont need them to start with, and if you do need more absorbancy then a folded size 1 LL bamboo booster fits perfectly in them and adds a lot of absorbancy for very very little bulk. They were by far my fave nb nappies, and we used diddys, wahm, LL's, and prefolds too from birth.

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:42 pm

Yes I used them and thought they was great. I had to boost with a ll bamboo insert but max is a heavy wetter and was from the start. As Ant said, the bulky microfibre type insert is naff so don't bother using it at all. Max was 7.11 and dropped to 6lb 15 and they fit fine. He did however outgrow them realy before he was 10 lbs. We are using a mixture now and have easyfits which I use for both boys. I don't love them truth be told and I have too boost so heavily and still get leaks. Give me bg's onesize pockets anyday!

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:13 pm

I've been using teenyfits since Joseph was born. He was 8lbs 9 1/2 oz when he was born, so quite a chunk - but I'm sure they would have fitted a much smaller baby. I've been boosting with a little lambs booster too. I love my teenyfits - they are so easy to use and very reliable. I've started using an easyfit boosted with 2 ll boosters overnight as a night nappy - rather bulky but lasts the whole night.

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:39 pm

We did- Lucas was a long and skinny 7lb 11oz and was in them right away. His first nappy was a lil Joey, but then he wore Teenyfits in hospital and for the first 9wks. I didn't use the mf insert, but boosted with zorb inserts (cut myself) when I needed as they added no bulk at all. He outgrew them in the thigh and rise around 9wks (and 12lb 15oz) but then stopped gaining weight and slimmed down again so I was able to use them for another 6wks or so.

I found they were too high on him for the first week when he had his cord clamp on, and we had problems keeping it dry in Teenyfits, but I seem to be the only one who had that. we just used xs oww and swaddlebees and kissaluvs til it fell off and healed during the bad days.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat