Fleece

My avatar
MaryMoon
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Fleece

Postby MaryMoon » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:53 pm

Hi,

Now that I have finally sussed the whole night nappy thing I am now after some fleece to make my own nappy shaped liners.

Where is the best/cheapest place to get it? Do I just go to my local material shop or are there better places online? I am thinking if I go to the shop I might be able to get some cheap off-cuts that will be a suitable size. Colour doesn't matter as will be in the nappy.

Thanks ladies

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Fleece

Postby Rae » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:56 pm

If you are in a local freecycle group, pop in an add. I was given an olf fleece jacket in order to cut up. Or visit a charity shop. Otherwise if you want cheap new fleece, some people have cut up IKEA blankets.

My avatar
MaryMoon
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby MaryMoon » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:44 pm

Good thinking. Use Freecycle alot and didn't even occur to me.

Thanks

Might even have an old blanket here somewhere if I have a good look. Now where DID I put my brain? :)

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:02 am

:lol: You can somtimes find bags of fleece scraps on ebay too, they work out quite cheap if you do'nt want to cut up what you've already got at home.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:51 pm

I was wondering this too because i have a huge sheet of fleece but its one sided??? would that still work??
Wish i had some clothes to cut up now :-]

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:50 pm

charlibunny wrote:I was wondering this too because i have a huge sheet of fleece but its one sided??? would that still work??

What do you mean it's one sided?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:55 pm

Its like a thick fleece one side, then the other side is a paler colour, its kind of a hardish white stitching??

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:27 am

If the stitching side is there as waterproofing (like some picnic blankets) then I would give it a miss. You could always pour some water into it (normal fleece side up), and see if it goes thru the fleece. If the water goes thru the fleece (and your sheet isn't too thick) you can try it and see if it works in the nappies.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat