hf1

Very old nappies still going strong?!?!

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Very old nappies still going strong?!?!

Postby jclmellor » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:04 pm

what's the oldest nappy you own, that's still going strong?!?!?!
i have a couple of old version wns (with a white label), which look as good as new. i bought them preloved and haven't a clue how many babies they've been through, hehe! my most knackered nappy is a wnnn which i bought preloved - it's the campervans material and is my favourite one despite its tired look. hemp nappies and inserts are so hard wearing that these are the ones that will probably last the longest.
i bought all my nappies preloved and because i've got such a large stash, they'll probably be in really good condition when i come to sell them on after baby no 2. so the cycle will continue!

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Very old nappies still going strong?!?!

Postby Nimyue » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:45 pm

I have 16 of the first Bamboozles and 15 Wonderoos V1 all bought pre-loved. They are the basis of my stash, and they all work great. My baby is one of the strange ones that needs a wider nappy so the Wonderoos are perfect. Anything narrow is dodgy on her... ie Swaddlebees and WN I've bought. Mommy's Touch nappies fit her the best, too bad they aren't bamboo ;p I just bought an Itti Tutto to try out, hopefully it'll be ok!

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby bekhi1983 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:09 pm

I have 6 nippa bumbles which we stuff with hemp for night that are 7 years old to me, but were bought preloved, also ME airflow wraps which were bought preloved 7 years ago, they still haven't hardly faded. I love the bumbles.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:10 pm

Before I passed it on I had a nippa rainbow pink cotton tots bots nappy - it was a lot thinner than when I bought it ;) but still worked and held boosting nicely! It's about 5yrs old...

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:20 pm

I have a set of 22 cotton MEOS that did both of my kids so are 7 years old now (were used for about 5 years in total) and still have loads of use left in them.

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:18 am

I have some old rainbow bamboozles that are still doing well, I bought them preloved, not sure how long they've been going.

Worst are my Bum Genius, the first ones gave up at 7 months and the rest followed suit within 12. We still have some we've kept for emergencies but OH has demanded I get rid of them now as they're hopeless.

My avatar
Jellybelly6
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Jellybelly6 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:26 am

My old Cotton Bottom prefolds. My eldest is seven and a half and despite much use they still look good and work well. I have changed the wraps simply because they don't fit the youngest at all and now use flip wraps instead!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat