hf1

Some questions - Pocket stuffing/ Ella's house

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Some questions - Pocket stuffing/ Ella's house

Postby charlibunny » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:49 pm

Ok i have a few questions that are niggeling on me.

1st, What is best to stuff pocket nappies with, I have alot of Med wee notions and pocket bots for the baby but dont know what to buy to put in them??

I also have about 5-6 small pockets what do i stuff them with for when baby is here? Pre folds? or are they too big??

How low is too low in rise for a pocket? Molly fits in the med's on the last poppers but i dont know if the rise is too low? Its way lower than belly button but covers up all her bits and bum. The fleece ones seem to REALLY stick out below her tummy and make trousers look daft.

Can i was in that new bold 2 in 1? the diamond infusions stuff? My nappies really stink at the moment. Not of wee but a funny musty smell? I wash with DAZ (half reccomended amount.)

Also, last one i promise. I have 3 Ella's house hemp large for Molly, but cant find a wrap to fot them! Plus they leak really quickly, even with an added cotton booster in them!!!

Can anyone answer any of this? :lol: :lol: :lol:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Some questions - Pocket stuffing/ Ella's house

Postby flutterby » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:58 pm

medium/large pockets I'd stuff with MF and hemp ( easy peasy hemp inserts are fab and cheap)

small pockets I use bamboo terry squares

No idea about rises, Summer's nappies all come up to her armpits, lol!

I believe you can wash them in bold 2 in 1 as I think the softener is clay based rather than oil but double check! You nappies may smell because you have a build up, 1/2 reccomended amount sounds like alot to me, I only use a quarter!

My EH bumhuggers seem to leak on end, but then Jak is an uber wetter, the only solution I have found is a swaddlebees OV OS with a bamboo baby beehind booster in ( thats 4 layers of OV, 5 layers of hemp, and 6 layers of bamboo fleece, and yes he really needs it) any way back to your Q, hemp can take up to 10 washes to get up to full absorbency, so give it a while and see if they improve, I use ME airflow, popolini vento, and WN wraps, these are all great!

HTHs

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:34 pm

I might order a few more Easy peasy hemp thingies then, i ordered 6 that havnt come, if i order a few more then maybe the 1st lot might arrive by the time the baby is born!!!

Where do you get bamboo terry squares, are they like terry nappies and you just fold them over?

Thats funny about the rise, I think molly needs large nappies but i have overspent on Meds thinking they would fit and they dont :( All the more for the new baby though :) :babyroll:

The Ella's house are just the popper type with the frill leg. i need a motherease wrap to try with them then. They just get SOO wet really quick!!!

uugh i really should have done all this sooner :lol:

Thankyou :)

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:28 pm

I got my bamboo squares from boocoo, they also do the cheapest ME wraps I have found, however the popolini vento wraps are identical, and cost alot less!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:22 pm

Thanks for that, will google it!

My avatar
samandabismum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby samandabismum » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:54 pm

I use ME airflows and weenotions wraps over the ellas house and haven't had any problems with them.

For pockets I have mainly used the inserts that came with them. The bumgenius inserts are fab as are all the types I have had from weenotions (hemp, microfibre and bamboo). Got some cheap microfibre cloths and use them with some terry boosters I had and they seem to work well too.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat