DD on 5th pair of trouser's of the day :(

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

DD on 5th pair of trouser's of the day :(

Postby scarlet » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:24 pm

I'm honestly getting really frustrated with our stash at the mo. :cry:
DD has become a mega power wee'er and has leaked through 4 pairs of trouser's today, currently on the 5th pair.

I have been trying to use our fitted and pre folds but we really don't have enough. We only have 2 wraps and a soaker, Which just isn't enough. The lovely Kerry , Pinksalmon sent me some fitted nappies. Which has really helped pad out our nappy stash.

But today she has been in her itti's , which just can't stand up to her power peeing.
Before I would have just bought a whole new stash and new baggier trousers'. But we really don't have any spare money right now and the spare money we do have needs to go to the wedding. I have bought a few new pairs of trouser's as they don't compress the nappies as much and I'v got another OWW on order.

I'm honestly getting to the point where I'm starting to think about depo's. :cry: I really don't think I can bring myself to buy them and I will be sooo disappointed in myself if I do.

I just get really fed up and its getting so difficult with going out, especially in London where I can be travelling for an hour ect. I'm needing to take about 8 nappies with me and loads of spare clothes and with no pram bag as mine broke its a right pita.

Anyone fancy trading anything suitable for a power wetter's, in exchange for my itti's....??? :lookround:

Sorry to moan. :loopy: :evil: :evil:

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: DD on 5th pair of trouser's of the day :(

Postby zoeyboo » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:55 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: Oh Hun
Didn't want to read and run I think I have a thirsties Duo wrap I can spare to lend if that would help?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:58 pm

:hug: I don't want any Ittis (we have leakage issues with them, plus they'd be too big for M) but I have a few of Katie's large and toddler HL fitteds and an HL wool wrap you can borrow if you like? The wrap is quite new so will need lanolising a couple of times. They're sitting here unused atm as they won't fit M for about a year. :lol:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:59 pm

How old is Pearl now? Could it be time to think about pt? That's why we started, DD began holding her wee then flooding her nappies. I may have a couple of fitteds I could lend you if you like x

My avatar
GreenPanda
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby GreenPanda » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:01 pm

Sorry to hear your stash isn't working for you at the mo, have you tried posting on the nappy swappers board or on the treecycle section?
I'm afraid the only nappies I have to list on treecycle are some size 1 tots bots which unfortunately won't help you.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:07 pm

Miss_Purple wrote:How old is Pearl now? Could it be time to think about pt? That's why we started, DD began holding her wee then flooding her nappies. I may have a couple of fitteds I could lend you if you like x

I was just going to say this. I know she's young but the best sign for PT is the soaking of nappies. Martha could outwee a pampers in the weeks before I successfully PTd her.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:08 pm

ps I'd sell your Ittis anyway cos you'll get no more use out of them

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:09 pm

I have one itti tutto and it wicks with power wees too so I feel your pain :(
I couldn t cope with using just those all day , I would be in the same position as you.
Prefolds and thirsties wraps are the only ones I can be pretty confident will cope with a power wee with no leaks.
A plea in wanted for cheap prefolds could be an idea? Also thirsties duo wraps are at kittykins on offer at mo and the price of two is similar to a jumbo packet of sposies which would only last you..... I don t know a few weeks?
Sorry nothing I can send you I' m using all of mine.
I hope you sort something out. Xxxx

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:26 pm

Thanks ladies, your all very kind!
We have been thinking about potty training but she doesn't seem ready. The other day she was nappy-less for most of the day and was happily weeing on the floor and not saying a word. She will also happily sit in a soaking wet nappy and trouser's and doesn't tell us.She sometime's tell us if she has done a poo.
I think if it was summer I would just push ahead with potty training. But I think with it being winter and the fact she doesn't seem to be picking up on needing a wee ( or just not telling us) that she isn't quite ready yet.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat