hf1

Nappies for nursery

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Nappies for nursery

Postby mudita » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:54 pm

Curious if people send all one kind of nappy to nursery, or a range? Our nursery, which is a large one, has no children in cloth so I am assuming my LOs key worker, when he starts, will have little experience with it. I have almost enough of one kind of nappy for him to use them full time there (he will be full time so am figuring 3 days with with washing every other day...) but need a few more. BUT, I have a number of odds and ends nappies that i could use, I just have it in my head i need all the same kind to make it simple for them. We never get leaks at home (knock on wood!) with our nappy stash, and they change them every 2 hours at nursery so should do well there too, as long as they do them up tight enough. Or, I could just be fussing over nothing because I am anxious about sending him!

I am figuring they will need 6 nappies a day, more or less, as they will go through 4-5 a day, with one extra.

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Nappies for nursery

Postby Emma1977 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:41 pm

I think if you stick with applix fastening pockets then they should be ok as they go on just like a sposie. BumGenius and TB Easyfits were the nappies that I sent DS to the ILs with. :D

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:02 pm

I'm planning to send Otis in with sets of Easyfits and Bumgenius - a set of 5 of one or the other to cover a 9 hour day.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:14 pm

James wore cotton tots bots & aplix pul wraps to nursery. The girls never had a problem them at all.
As long as you show them & stick to one sort I'm sure they'll be fine!
They would always use a clean wrap instead of just changing the nappy, even if the wrap wasn't dirty or wet : but that was ok for me. It just meant I had to send more wraps.
I got 2 big tommee tipee wet bags which I alternated between & they used water & their own cloths on his bottom because he was allergic to disposable wipes & I prefered water. They had no trouble with this either

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:16 pm

yep easyfits for nursery here too, DD would use 4 or 5 in a day.

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:16 pm

THanks all, that is helpful. We don't get on with Easyfits or BG aplix, lol! Most aplix nappies in fact...but I am convinced I should send just one type now, so off to buy a couple more. I am sure they will figure out poppers quick enough if my DH did :wine:

My avatar
katyav
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby katyav » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:01 am

I was going to send bamboozle stretchies - we use wool full time so it had to be fitteds and those have nice easy velcro. But DD won't be going to nursery so can't say if that would have worked!

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:57 am

my ds2 suits real easy nappies and bg organics perfectly, everything else leaks...so will be sending the real easys as they dry overnight (and we can eventually boost them if needed). we started using fitteds at home, but as docmagoo said they would probably not re-use the wrap, so then i figure, might as well send an aio. i think fitteds and wool would be a real head scratcher for them but I am sure they would have had a go! loads of the nursery staff have kids so I always expect moms can work these things out :thumbsup:

My avatar
Lizw
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Lizw » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:27 am

My friend sends ittis to nursery and they have worked that out :)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat