Heavy wetter -HELP!

My avatar
ginny6
Clothie
Clothie

Heavy wetter -HELP!

Postby ginny6 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:42 pm

Hi Guys

I`m still new at this and need some mama help! Ryan used to get thro 12 nappies a day but now its more like 6-8

I have to get rid of my ittis as with a booster its too gap-py so no good for power poos (only 21 weeks so still yucky koma type!)
Smartipants needed 3 inserts which defeted the purpose
And the only tots bot that worked was the bamboozle stretch, maybe 3-4 hrs.

So curently after much research and too much money, we have stuck to bambooty, tots bots stretch and WNs (i blame you guys for getting me addicted to cloth with the lovely prints!!!), I also have a Rosie boo tho i`m still thinking about it and a issy, still in the wash waiting to dry. The pockets i used a BG organic insert, tho if anyone can recommend anything that would be great. Oh the BG Organics work too, think its the organic cotton tho i hate the easy staining!

So can anyone recommend a better nappy or help me to boost what i`ve got to full potential?

Also curious as someone mentioned they use bold 2 in 1 to wash their nappies is it safe? Thought we were suposed to stick to non bio only? Or will it help to soften ny nappies? I live in a very hard water area and dont have room for a tumble drier :(

Looking forward to your help mamas and so sorry for the long winded version

georgina xx

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Heavy wetter -HELP!

Postby Twinkletoes » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:49 pm

I'm super fussy about washing, esp nappies, and we switched to bold when dd was born. Only use a tiny amount. If you're not allergic to bio, then there is no real problem. Most folk aren't. I always did a pre rinse, hot was (60), then at least one extra rinse. Often did another ful wash with no detergent, to make sure no build up. Worked a treat, no smelly nappies, no need to strip them either, and no rash on baby botty!

For boosting, I'm way out of touch still, but I'd go for anything hemp, wrapped in microfibre. Ittis worked fine on nb bf poo for us, but only once she'd chunked out a bit.

Good luck!

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:10 pm

:wave: I think a huge majority of us use Bold 2 in one, it gets the stains out and generally cleans them better than a non bio, you only need a small amount though, I used little more than a teaspoon in a medium water area.

My absolute fave, fail safe nappies are Tweedlebee & Tweedlebum, also Baby Blush, they fit all three of mine perfectly and we have never had the slightest leak ( I have got 5+ hours out of them when I forgot clean nappies and they contain everything!)

I am a pockets only mama and all of mine are beautiful as well as practical ( I don't think I own a plain, none minky nappy)

Toni
xx

My avatar
ginny6
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ginny6 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:56 am

Thank you laddies will try the bold and the tweedle dee nappies!

must fly my big boy needs yet another feed! LOL! :bf:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:11 am

Hello! He doesn't sound too much of a heavy wetter.I think an unboosted bamboozle at that age was lasting us about an hour to hour and a half.We've never been able to use any nappy inserts that have come the nappies partic if they were microfibre..We used little lamb or greenkids boosters in our fitteds.In pockets either ptit dessous bamboo inserts or easy peasy bamboo with easy peasy hemp.Generally most cloth nappies will need changing every 2-3 hours.Hope u find something u get on with

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:04 pm

If a bamboozle is lasting 3-4 hours then he sounds like an average wetter. I had to use WNNN and HL Bedbugs during the day with my DS as he soaked everything else.

If you are looking to boost then agree that EP hemp boosters http://www.babykind.co.uk/boostersandli ... #hempjersy are great as they are super absorbent and slim.

For any pockets you have then bamboo boosters are great: http://www.babykind.co.uk/pocketnappyin ... mbooinsert Greenkids also do great bamboo inserts and if you have some WNOS or WNSS then they make their own 100% bamboo inserts to fit the nappies.

Another idea that comes to mind is you could use a combo of microfibre and bamboo/hemp as the microfibre acts like a sponge to catch the wee and the bamboo/hemp will then hold it. MF is great for quick absorption but isn't great at retention. Bamboo is great for retention but isn't so great for quick absorption if you LO pees quickly :wink:

Hope that helps :D

My avatar
ginny6
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ginny6 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:53 pm

Emma1977 wrote:If a bamboozle is lasting 3-4 hours then he sounds like an average wetter. I had to use WNNN and HL Bedbugs during the day with my DS as he soaked everything else.

If you are looking to boost then agree that EP hemp boosters http://www.babykind.co.uk/boostersandliners.htm#hempjersy are great as they are super absorbent and slim.

For any pockets you have then bamboo boosters are great: http://www.babykind.co.uk/pocketnappyinserts.htm#bambooinsert Greenkids also do great bamboo inserts and if you have some WNOS or WNSS then they make their own 100% bamboo inserts to fit the nappies.

Another idea that comes to mind is you could use a combo of microfibre and bamboo/hemp as the microfibre acts like a sponge to catch the wee and the bamboo/hemp will then hold it. MF is great for quick absorption but isn't great at retention. Bamboo is great for retention but isn't so great for quick absorption if you LO pees quickly :wink:

Oh he`s average? That`s re assuring as i feel like I`m washing nappies more then clothes these days and its awful now its damp and cold outside and my house looks like a chinese laundry room! Hence why i stick to pretty nappies to stick in the front room when i have visitors round! Makes a good talking topic!

I will try the hemp and i do actually boost my nappies with the little lamb shaped bamboo inners when i`m not using organic liners.

We have to use disposables on a night i regret to say as i need my sleep and Ryan screams blue murder when he`s wet and also because i have yet to find a relaible night nappy :cry:
Unless i use a WNNN with a knitted wrap thingy you guys sell? Not sure what they are used for really excpt pj bottoms? :-?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:03 pm

I think a WNNN or a holden's landing bedbug would work well for you at night. Wool soakers/longies are good for day & night wear over fitted nappies.

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:43 pm

ginny6 wrote:
Emma1977 wrote:If a bamboozle is lasting 3-4 hours then he sounds like an average wetter. I had to use WNNN and HL Bedbugs during the day with my DS as he soaked everything else.

If you are looking to boost then agree that EP hemp boosters http://www.babykind.co.uk/boostersandli ... #hempjersy are great as they are super absorbent and slim.

For any pockets you have then bamboo boosters are great: http://www.babykind.co.uk/pocketnappyin ... mbooinsert Greenkids also do great bamboo inserts and if you have some WNOS or WNSS then they make their own 100% bamboo inserts to fit the nappies.

Oh he`s average? That`s re assuring as i feel like I`m washing nappies more then clothes these days and its awful now its damp and cold outside and my house looks like a chinese laundry room! Hence why i stick to pretty nappies to stick in the front room when i have visitors round! Makes a good talking topic!

I will try the hemp and i do actually boost my nappies with the little lamb shaped bamboo inners when i`m not using organic liners.

We have to use disposables on a night i regret to say as i need my sleep and Ryan screams blue murder when he`s wet and also because i have yet to find a relaible night nappy :cry:
Unless i use a WNNN with a knitted wrap thingy you guys sell? Not sure what they are used for really excpt pj bottoms? :-?

:giggle: pretty nappies always look great drying. They look even better in the summer when you can hang them out on the line. There was a thread last year for people taking pics of their stashes pegged on the washing line :giggle:

As for sposies at night - don't beat yourself up over this. You'd be surprised at how many people use sposies at night. I have ever since Max went into cloth at 10months apart from the occasional night :wink:

Wool longies are great as pj bottoms, especially at this time of year but you can wear them during the day as trousers. If you don't want full length longies then you can just put a wool soaker under regular pj bottoms - just ensure that it is lanolised :D Good night nappies for heavy-wetters that I used are: LLS heavy-wetter or super-heavy wetter, WNNN and HL Bedbug +

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat