trousers for cloth bottoms

My avatar
fairystar267
Clothie
Clothie

trousers for cloth bottoms

Postby fairystar267 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:18 pm

hi all
those of you with boys where do you get your trousers from? i am having real trouble finding them to fit over his larger bum and when they do they are so tight he looks uncomfortable. I have had to resort to disposables twice this week for the outfits he was wearing.
i would prefer to use cloth as when on holiday we changed him almost daily with poo seeping out with the disposables hadnt realised how much they leak as always used them in the past and only been using washables over the past few months.( he also had a really bad rash on his tum from the disposables which has now gone)
thanks
natx

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: trousers for cloth bottoms

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:21 pm

I find the supermarket brands and oshkosh to be the best fits - we have sainsburys, asda and Tesco's which all fit. Next are a pain to try and fit on, until they get to toddler sizes / 18 month + and then they seem to be more generous.

However I also have to sing the praises of BHS as Ben's pinstripe pageboy trousers fit over massive nappies and wrap (it was a quick flip with a blueberry minki wrap) and it still fitted.

But I also love a baby in dungarees and anything also fits over those.

My avatar
fairystar267
Clothie
Clothie

Postby fairystar267 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:31 pm

hi
thanks
have just bought a few tesco to try they are in the wash...but asdas dont fit have several different types and they go nowhere near!
i do love dungarees and havent had a problem with them was just struggling with trosers as he has so many nice tops..

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:49 pm

I have several pairs of cut 4 cloth trousers which i bought in the sale and also 2 pairs from minki (although the sizes are quite small) I have also found boots and tesco quite generous. Weenotion do dungarees but so far have resisted the tempation :twisted:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:45 pm

I don't have a boy but I found tesco trousers were very generous, and H&M are good too (they have adjustable waists)

We also had some cut4cloth trousers when I could afford them which were also great :)

Avoid osh-kosh and mothercare like the plague though!

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:54 pm

I agree, tesco and h&m are more generously cut and are perfect for cloth bottoms. :D

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:12 am

I think it depends on the age, as I've heard bad things about next but they are really good in toddler sizes I think! The best I have found are Pumpkin Patch though, but again that's toddler sizes, lol, they will be huge when I PT him!

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:07 am

I've just bought 2 pairs of trousers for Anna from Cut 4 Cloth, they still have their 70% sale on, and if you use FNB15PP as discount code you get free p&p too! :wine:

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:34 am

Pumpkin patch are the worst trousers we have found, they are the only trousers she can't get into with a cloth bum. I love their designs, but the rise is too short to fit over nappies. They even made hipster jeans for babies ???????? why
Another option with trousers is to buy 3/4 length in the size up from what you are currently using and use them as full length trousers - a lovely big rise for a cloth bum.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat