hf1

Newbie: what should I buy next?

My avatar
ALL5
Clothie
Clothie

Newbie: what should I buy next?

Postby ALL5 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:36 pm

My lo is now 9 weeks, almost 9lbs and is fitting into her BG one size, have to say I love them. I also have 19 size one bamboo/cotton nappies from LL, so she is set for the next few months.

For when she is a little bigger I have 16 bamboo/cotton size 2 nappies from LL, and 6 BG, one size...but want to add more.

What would you suggest I buy to add to my stash. Function is more important then appearance.

I also have to admit that I now understand the darker/addiction side of this whole cloth nappy business :)

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Newbie: what should I buy next?

Postby KimmyM » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:50 pm

I'm not really a function girl it's all about the pretty here :giggle:
ME air flow wraps are pretty hard to beat on reliability my DS's are 2 years old and going strong.

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby bekhi1983 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:01 pm

Wool to go over your ll :twisted: Mwahahaha

My avatar
ALL5
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ALL5 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:24 pm

I was seriously thinking of going down the wool route...I can't wear most wool though as I find it too itchy? Is this the same with the wraps? Is 80% wool enough or should I be going for 100% wool. I have a friend who is amazing at knitting, would it be easy enough for her to measure my LO and follow one of the patterms on here. Would you use wool for day and night, or more so for night...questions, questions!

I have seen the ME wraps come up a bit, might have a look at them also.

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby bekhi1983 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:33 pm

We just use it at night as I also have a pretty pocket obsession too :oops: 100% is best, wool like most things comes in different qualitys. Some are rough and itchy, some are soft and buttery, Blue Faced Leicester is soft and good for when they're not moving much. Plus lanolising them as well as waterproofing makes wool soft. I was a complete beginner when I followed the tutorial on here so your friend should find it a doddle. hth

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:57 pm

If its function you're after you cant beat flips, can be used with inserts or over your fitteds.we've just PT and these were all we used for the last 12 months and we never had a leak.

If you want cute nappies u could try itti bittis, i loved ours but we did have some containment issues so replaced them with flips.

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:07 am

i would recommend wool and also reusable wipes (saves a lot of money) and you can just use water in a tupperware or make your own solution. x

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Nimyue » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:04 pm

Reusable wipes made of cut up fleece are fab :thumbsup: you can buy remnants at your local fabric shop cheap!

I vote an itti - they are now my fav nappy! or a WeeNotion! those would be my fav but they are more rare preloved ;p

My avatar
ALL5
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ALL5 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:03 pm

Thanks for all those tips. And yes I have reusable wipes. Old tee shirts and my dads vests are my fav :)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat