hf1

Is foaming wash stuff good?

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Is foaming wash stuff good?

Postby nic1 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:21 am

Thinking of getting some northern essence stuff perhaps as we used to use washable wipes when she was in cloth full time but since potty training i have been buying senstive asdas own baby wipes for fairy wipes/hands etc. She doesn't like her fairy being cleaned so thinking the washable wipes with the foaming wash maybe quite nice on her fairy rather than harsh soaps/baby wipes.

Anyone tried the NE foaming wash and is it good/worth the money?

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Is foaming wash stuff good?

Postby Rae » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:27 am

Yes we use it. It is certainly a lot more gentle on her bits as it has no alcohol in it. We got it because IL's refused to use washable wipes with water as apparently water can't make things clean enough. I love it as well, and have the travel size for when we are out and about. It does seem expensive, but we use it 85% of the time and the bottle has lasted over 2 months (although we are coming near the bottom of it). We also have the concentrate in order to top it up. I'm sure there are cheaper options, but we like this one.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:36 am

Thanks Rae, think this is what we need......Evie is a sensitive soul so need as natural as poss. Where do you buy yours from? I would normally get from bums and roses but she's currently closed as she's on babymoon.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:49 am

I had the foam wash from Babykind, think its Northern Essence too, wasnt terribly keen, just prefer the handmade soap pieces and make my own mix so the wipes are nice and wet. I use this mix for everyones hands and face too and its gentle enough for the boys who have very sensitive skin.

Also wasnt that keen on the smell of the foam wash, but it was very handy for out and about.

Sadie xx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:00 am

we've got the teatree and lavender free one and use it occasionally on Isabelle so you might want to make sure you get that version...

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:00 am

I have bought from Babykind and directly from NE in the US. It's much of a muchness for cost.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat